Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2018, 02:00 PM   #21

Previous post included: "When I de-winterized last Monday I did not drain the antifreeze from the outside shower, intentionally. All other lines were prepped for normal camping. Has been below freezing for the last 7 days. No issues so far."

Still no issues on the outside shower that was not drained of antifreeze when I de-winterized in December. I'm now in Colorado with temperatures down to 5 degrees F at night.

Temperatures for the next 6 days will be 41 F or higher during the day. Anything that might have frozen will surely thaw and show itself with these nice temps.

Lesson learned: Pull in the bump-outs at night. This significantly decreases the number of cubic feet of air required to be heated during the cold nights.
McCormickJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:30 AM   #22

Hey guys thanks for the advice! We ended up going with full fresh water tank and in Oklahoma it got down to 4 degrees and everything was fine! We had the hot water heater on the whole time and ran the furnace at night and we were nice and toasty! My fresh water hose used to fill up my fresh water tank did freeze one morning but I probably didn’t drain it well when I put it away. All in All it was a great trip from sunny California to Flagstaff to Albuquerque to Oklahoma and back no real issues!
Everman67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, class c, winter