Old 11-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #11

See if there is a clear water filter by the pump, take it off and get the water/ice out. The freezing water will shatter the threads and cause a leak in the spring.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #12

Went down there today to check on it since it was 70 degrees. Everything worked fine and there were no leaks. The ice did crack the tip of the sink faucet but, other than that everything worked and i couldn't find a leak. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodude79 View Post
Went down there today to check on it since it was 70 degrees. Everything worked fine and there were no leaks. The ice did crack the tip of the sink faucet but, other than that everything worked and i couldn't find a leak. Thanks everyone for the advice.
That is good to hear, I was at ACE today and I couldn't believe it They had both a kitchen and wash basin faucets. The same junk that's in the trailers. I mean the exact same model. After I finish running my dedicated buried 30 amp line to my trailer and using a brick column for my pedestal, I'm going to start replacing my fixtures with house hold Delta units. I know it just me but that plastic crap they put in is just pure garbage.( I think I have OCS ) Not quit sure what I can do with the shower yet. That will take some planning being that will need backing to hold a house hold one. If you push on my shower surround it will go in at least a good inch. You got lucky, no real damage. Very happy for you..
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
That is good to hear, I was at ACE today and I couldn't believe it They had both a kitchen and wash basin faucets. The same junk that's in the trailers. I mean the exact same model. After I finish running my dedicated buried 30 amp line to my trailer and using a brick column for my pedestal, I'm going to start replacing my fixtures with house hold Delta units. I know it just me but that plastic crap they put in is just pure garbage.( I think I have OCS ) Not quit sure what I can do with the shower yet. That will take some planning being that will need backing to hold a house hold one. If you push on my shower surround it will go in at least a good inch. You got lucky, no real damage. Very happy for you..
If you are looking to replace your shower head the oxygenics was the best thing i've done to my RV. Its better than my shower at home.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #15

THAW

the hot water heater would be and should be your main concern, get the water out of it right away, expensive to replace...if you have any low point drains, get them opened up also...the toilet water valve you can probably chaulk it off as it does not take much for it to freeze up..leave some heaters on just to keep everything warm..even though we winterize our crusader, we leave our electric radiator oil heater on its freeze setting just in case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodude79 View Post
I've been trying to get to my 3171 to winterize for the past 2 weeks but its about 25 miles from the house and I haven't been able to get down there. This week it dipped below freezing for the first time so I rushed down during work and the kitchen faucet had frozen water in it and had cracked. Tried turning on the pump and running water through it but only got a little drip. So I ran the heater for 3 hours and blew some air through the lines and several gallons of water drained out. I don't have any way of telling though if there is a giant ice block in my tank or lines and its going to do more damage. Any advice on what I could do? It won't be warm here until Monday when it will be near 70. I'm in Virginia and normally we don't get a freeze like this so early. I guess next year I'll know I need to winterize a lot sooner.

2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize