Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2015, 04:55 PM   #21

I didn't know the warranty was not good if you are not the original owner I thought a year was good for any owner from the time of first sale Thanks learned something else new today

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-01-2015, 05:02 PM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boso View Post
I didn't know the warranty was not good if you are not the original owner I thought a year was good for any owner from the time of first sale Thanks learned something else new today

1 year to original purchaser.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #23

TURBS,

I understand I am not under warranty and yes I got a great deal/steal the old owner used the HM twice no issues I take it home and a few miles later a bunch of issue. I not asking for these items to be covered under warranty if I did I would have not gone out and fixed them myself or purchased the parts myself. I just was looking for someone to own all the GREAT ISSUES this MH is offering, issues that should have Never left the manufacture in the first place. If this post helps an individual make a smart decision about purchasing a new or used MH than I did my job as a consumer and forum member and let others know what to watch out for or check before taking delivery.

~onione
OniOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Sounds like you want to bash the product more then educate? Or am I wrong? [emoji6]
All rv companies use the same products as what was installed in your unit.
So it's not just forest river .

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
Old 07-01-2015, 05:24 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

For what it's worth you bought it used and have no idea how it was treated .
Some of the issues "electrical" are quite possibly installer error and isn't right.
Shoot my in laws just bought a brand new Durango Citron and have had it back 3 times now.
1) rear heated seat wire "pinched" from installation.
2) rear window defroster wire pinched via a screw.
3) intermittent sunroof issue.

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
Old 07-01-2015, 05:32 PM   #26

TURBS,

I understand that a lot of companies use the same parts and products. There are also MH companies out there that research and understands proper installations. I don't think every MH should come with a electrical fire due to improper installations.
I am not trying to bash the product its just frustrations. The only thing for sure that I am bashing is my head into a wall wondering where is the QA? lol

I will also be posting DIY's to fix these I guess now are considered COMMON issues! lol

~onione
Old 07-01-2015, 05:35 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniOne View Post
TURBS,

I understand that a lot of companies use the same parts and products. There are also MH companies out there that research and understands proper installations. I don't think every MH should come with a electrical fire due to improper installations.
I am not trying to bash the product its just frustrations. The only thing for sure that I am bashing is my head into a wall wondering where is the QA? lol

I will also be posting DIY's to fix these I guess now are considered COMMON issues! lol

~onione
I'd enjoy seeing "with pics" your fixes.
I'm sure fr might to.

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
Old 07-01-2015, 05:36 PM   #28
Wait till next year...

Buyers Remorse ... cant take it out on the seller so flame the product. Happens I guess when those "great deals/steals" go south. JMHO
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:54 PM   #29
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Sounds like you want to bash the product more then educate? Or am I wrong? [emoji6]
All rv companies use the same products as what was installed in your unit.
So it's not just forest river. TURBS
X2, you bought it used, so you have no reason to bash FR. You need to bash the previous owner for selling it to you.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:44 PM   #30

He may have a point if it is actually manufacturing issues. Doesn't matter if he purchased new or not. If it has issue related to poor manufacturing it is still a manufacturing issue.

We all know that for what ever reason, greed, lazy workers, etc that things are just not made as well as the used to be. Now, I am not bashing FR, I am bashing all manufacturing these days. I worked for a major bearing company for 38 years and I can tell you the workers today just don't care and the company only cares about one thing, $$$$. Maybe that is why the workers don't care.

It did not used to be this way. Employees were loyal to the company and proud of doing a good job, not any more. The company payed good wages and benefits and treated the employees pretty good, not any more. At least where I worked. A vicious circle maybe.

Another thought is, an 80 grand MH is low end and it is going to have cheaper materials, appliances, etc and you get what you pay for.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #31

n-e-d, OldCoot

LOL Not bashing and no buyer remorse! I love the rig just not the issues. lol The HM was only 3 months old when I purchased it! The original owner bought it in Dec 2014 right before Christmas and I only purchased it in March 2015. The odometer had 3000 miles and most where racked up from the delivery. Can't say the previous owner abused the MH seeing it still had all the plastic on the couches, bunk bed's, navi, carpet and tv's the sticker price still on the table. Oh and even the black tank hose was till in it packaging! It was so new it did not even have the plates on it! The issues I have been posting on have mainly to do with the workmanship and quality (QA). I also don't think the previous owner installed the factory equipment so I probably can take that out of the equation too. but thats my humble opinion.

~onione
Old 07-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #32
Mod free 5er

Best advice is fix what you can and live with what you can't fix. If you look around, all mfgrs are about the same I've heard even the multimillion dollar Prevosts come with a built in engine hoist.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:42 PM   #33
Director, FROG

OniOne, if you're having issues and can't get a dealer to work with you, you might try calling Mike Jankowski at Forest River's Class Warranty and Parts center. He might be able to hook you up with a dealer who can help.

You can reach Mike at (574) 206-7625, or by e-mail at mjankowski@forestriverinc.com.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:03 AM   #34

F.R.O.G.

Thank you for your response and the GREAT contact info!

~onione
Old 07-03-2015, 11:12 AM   #35

You know what's very funny?......

Just my .02 an extended warrenty for sat 4 years, may help get past the fixit period.
Sound as if you made a great find.
I have always been welcome at camping world service. I did not purchase from them. No issues with dealer, just not close.
Good luck and Happy Travels.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:49 PM   #36

Extended warranty may be good idea I have one that starts in August for 4 years $100 deductible Good Sams 1300 for total pay little over 300 per year never kept an rv over 28 months but you have to have no problems when you get the warranty the sooner the cheaper