Old 06-30-2015, 06:38 PM   #1

You know what's very funny?......

When you post multiple issues with a new MH and nobody from the company responds to any of the issues! Makes me think that they are known manufacture issues.

~Onione

Old 06-30-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

While we do have a few members who work for FR (some overt and some covert), we have no affiliation with the company. Many FR employees hang out here and have occasionally responded directly to posts but they certainly don't have to.

If you need to contact a rep, call the division who made your camper and ask for a customer service person.

We are just camper folks who happen to use FR products.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:58 PM   #3

May be on vacation I sent a email to warranty rep yesterday haven't got a response yet which is unusual they usually respond within a few hours are so

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-30-2015, 07:06 PM   #4

Herk7769,

Thank you for the response. I do understand that this is a user forum which lets us voice our opinions and thoughts as customers. Letting others know what to look for and to give our thoughts/feedback on these products we have purchased. Its also great to see the company empoyees try to help with some of these issues. Its just a little sad/discouraging to see so many issue without resolutions and some that end up becoming a major cost to someone who just spent 60 to 80 thousand on a MH.

~Onione
Old 06-30-2015, 07:20 PM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Onione,

Are you having issues that you can't get resolved? What are they?

We are a unique board in that the President of the Forest River Owners Group (a Division of Forest River) is a member and very active AND helpful in cases where clients have hit their dealer's and bounced off.

Its been my experience that most owners who have "problems with Forest River" ACTUALLY have problems with their dealership.

Let us help if we can
Herk

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 06-30-2015, 07:55 PM   #6

Herk7769,

I have had multiple issue with my new Forest River 3171DS. I can also see where most of the issue customer are having are with the dealerships. I have had a few run-ins at multiple dealerships looking to find some kind of help but getting the cold shoulder because I did not buy it from them. I was LUCKY enough to purchase brand new RV from a private sales that was only a 3 months old (got a great deal on it). Which everything worked properly when I left the old owners house. Well I put a few miles on it and started having issues some of these issue could have been resolved at the manufacture level even before the MH was built.

Here is the list.

1. Subwoofer burned up. Yes burned smoke and all! (lucky no fire in MH!)

Reason under-gauged wire and not properly fused.

2. Navigation system/radio shut down.

Reason the wire under-gauged wire used to run the subwoofer also was used by the subwoofer, fuse kept blowing do to dead short on amp amp for the subwoofer.

3. Battery would not charge.

Reason: I found on the backside of the control center a loose power wire. I cleaned up the threads, tighten up the nut and the switch worked right away. Note: There was no lock washers or terminal covers over the positive side of the battery post just SPRAY PAINT. This could be a potential issue seeing that the positive side of 2 batteries and the gen wire are exposed.

4. Furnace just stopped working.

Reason bad Suburban furnace sf-30 control board. Apparently this is a very well known issue in the RV world after seeing all of the post and videos online. This just could have been averted by using a company that has a better furnace. Whats a few more dollars?

These are just some of the items I have had issue with in the last 3 months. There are a lot of little items that i could also address but wont at this time.

~Onione
Old 06-30-2015, 08:10 PM   #7
Site Team - Lou

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Sounds like the biggest issue was the subwoofer fire/smoke.
Was the subwoofer they used an AC or DC powered unit?

Usually a powered subwoofer has its own fuse.

As to the Suburban furnace, it is the most widely used furnace in the industry. You could have had that problem with any manufacturer. Sounds like they got it trouble shot and fixed, so that's good.

Now that you are good to go; Happy Camping!

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 06-30-2015, 08:22 PM   #8

Herk7769,

DC powered. Post can be found here:

2014 3171ds wiring diagram needed

Diagnoses:
What I have figured out was that either someone was LAZY when the coach was built or the production of the coach is flawed. I will be creating a DIY on how to correct the wiring issue(S). The simple version of this issue is BAD CONNECTIONS (also exposed to the elements) under gauge wire/fuses and/or not correctly understanding electricity.

~Onione
Old 06-30-2015, 09:11 PM   #9
GM

Just a heads up, the plant is shut down this week. Along with service and warranty. Because we are a production line that runs year around and depends on each person it is industry practice to shut down this week to allow for vacation time. Keystone is shut down, Thor motor coach, coachmen, etc, etc.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:02 PM   #10

That's what I thought enjoy yourselves

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums