Old 08-16-2015, 06:09 PM   #1
2016 trip out west

We are in the planning stages of our first official retirement camping trip out west. We don't mind dry camping or just electric but what is important is scenic, stream or lakefront, mountain views, forests and more private and spacious sites that public campgrounds often provide. We have a Roo 21BD that we will be towing. We plan to stop in Grand Junction, Co. to visit a friend and then are looking at San Juan National Forest, Gunnison National Forest, northern NM, Bryce and Zion areas or en route. We are considering the north rim campground of the Grand Canyon. This is an area that neither my DH or I have been to. We would greatly appreciate any specific suggestions for campgrounds and site numbers that you love and recommend. I know that this area is seasonal for camping so we are thinking spring or early fall to avoid the crowds. Any places not to miss for sightseeing would be great as well. I have learned in my 65 years that networking and personal recommendations is the best way to go. Thanks in advance,

Sandy Smith

2 Old Geezers
2 Labradorables
2015 Dodge Ram 1500-Rambo
2015 Roo 21BD-L'ABode
lablover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:33 AM   #2
Going west on I-70 out of Grand Junction take exit 214 to hwy 128 which which drops down and runs along the Colorado river and on into Moab. There are lots of pullouts and places to get off the main road and camp. It's as beautiful as Monument Valley or better.Beware, Moab is wall to wall traffic on weekends.

2016 RAM 1500 - 2016 Keystone Laredo 265SRK
The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:07 AM   #3
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

A must see is the Ridgeway, Telluride, Ouray, & Silverton area.

Refer to the post "Our First Trip" for campsite locations.

Erik Lundquist
elundquist is offline   Reply With Quote