Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
Site Team

Thumbs up 4th of July @ Crystal Cove Moro

Due to late planning choices for the 4th of July were limited. I found 2 nights at Crystal Cove Moro State Beach in Laguna Beach California. Then a spot opened up for July 3rd but in a different site. While switching sites meant more work it was worth being here all set up instead of waiting in line on the 4th to check-in (No early check-in, no exception).

It took several attempts but I was able to get into the first site by myself. The driving lane is single wide and only goes in one direction. All sites are on one side of the lane so there's not much extra space for backing up. My neighbor said her husband had a lot of trouble getting into their site too but that he took a lot longer.

Breaking camp was much quicker than I expected. The next site is in the next row over. This site is wider and the ground is more level. While the driving lane is the same design thoughout the campground I found it easier to back into the campsite from the right side vs yesterday's left side.

I really like this campground even without sewer connection. I will get my first experience using a dump station when I depart. The first three sections have W/E and right now I'm in the middle section. Each section is on a different level like theatre seating which provides a good ocean view from each campsite.

Most of the sites are pretty open and well spaced along with being roped off. Due to each section being on a different level you are not dealing with people cutting through your site as a shortcut. This campground has a better designed that I originally thought. I expect this to be one of my regular camping spots in the future. The beach is really nice too.

Tonight I watched a really good fireworks show from campsite along with bits of 2 other fireworks shows. Earlier it sounded like the fireworks were getting stated but ended within seconds.

We were some of the lucky ones. Later on the news there was a big fireworks show scheduled & connected in 5 areas in the San Diego bay area but due to a malfunction all of the fireworks went off all at once and lasted just a couple of seconds. No one was hurt but the noise scared the life of many people. Everyone was disappointed and were making the drive home.

Hope everyone had a safe 4th of July too.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote