Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2017, 05:51 PM   #41

For those waiting to talk to Mary Ann at Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone I was just informed that she won't be there until May 22nd. Other folks at the front desk will have helpful information if you're arrive before the 22nd.

Peace,
Don
Champ203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:04 PM   #42

Thanks Don. We'll be there till May 24th/25th. Will give her a hug from you if we get to meet her
Ladybuglv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Yellowstone is my favorite National Park. Grizzly RV Park is a great choice for visiting Yellowstone.

It goes without saying that Old Faithful is a must see. Also the Lower Falls in the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone is a must see. There are a number of trails in the Lower Falls area offering different views and one short but steep trail will take you right to the brink of the falls. All of the geyser basins are worth a visit. The best area to see herds of bison and possibly a bear is in Lamar Valley. The best area to see Elk is in the Mammoth Springs area. Since you’ll be coming into the park from the west entrance be sure to take a drive on the Firehole Canyon Rd. It’s a one way road that will take you right back to the Grand Loop Road. I know your time is limited but your kids might like the chuckwagon ride and dinner. It’s not cheap but I thought I’d throw that thought out there. So much to see, so little time. Some pics.

Old Faithful as viewed from Observation Point.

Lower Falls from one of the many viewing areas. The brink of the falls viewing area is to the right of the falls.

Here's a better pic of the brink of the falls viewing area.

A small herd of Bison in Lamar Valley.

The chuckwagon ride to where the dinner is served.

I hope you have a great time on your trip.
These pics are awesome, thanks for sharing! We did YNP a couple of years ago and took 2 weeks to do it. We also did the chuckwagon dinner ride and it was great! And as it turned out, one of the cow pokes is from pretty close to where we live! I've told the DW I would take a trip to YNP over Disney World any time!!
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote