Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2019, 10:01 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
X2, I use RV Trip Wizard to plan my trips. It does everything mentioned in the above post. I like the fact. I can put on distance rings of the limits I want to Drive daily and can see where to look for campgrounds which are shown on the map. Excellent tool.

I also have Allstays and RV Parky but they don’t route. They only show campgrounds if you know where you want to look for them. If you know you are going to a certain town you,can see what is available but if you are on a long trip you really don’t know where you might be after 6 hours or 300 miles of driving. RTW shows the campgrounds based on your input.

I’ve just finished a 7000+ mile trip from FL to as far west as Glacier National Park and back home using RVTW. Love it..

Now, I do not download the trip to my GPS, I use google maps or Waze for each leg but double check each other.

Check out the demo at rvtripwizard.com..
I'll 3x rvtripwizzard! And I'm a tightwad and I'm re-upping for my 2nd renewal. With it you can also route by weather, wind, overhead clearance heights, elevations,, and a o much more.. Also for anything over 5 or 6 hours driving.. I can tell it to calculate an avg of X mph (for be that's 50 mph) once we take in fuel, potty, and food stops.. And you can set 3 rings based on any miles you want it to radius (miles from your start or from where you are or you can do it in hours for the radius (s)). And yes we can share with friends and collaborate on routes, vias, campgrounds, etc. And then save and adjust. I use it to also keep notes on particular campsites pros and cons.. Attractions etc.. And can pull those notes, trips, and routes and expenses even years later. Plus that keeps a pretty accurate record of my "tow miles" or miles on my 5ver tires.

I could go on and on.. Again as stated only two drawbacks.. #1 must have internet connection to work on /with it.. #2 doesn't have any live data input from your GPS location on the fly.

But I have 4 GPS systems running (Co-pilot, Google maps satellites, Waze and Rand McNally overdryve 7) and I have allstays.

Just my 2cents worth.. And I had almost 6 months camping and almost 20k miles towing our 5th Wheel in the past 14 months.
William_Tell46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:43 PM   #42

Good Sams feedback re discontinuing trip planner

Below is reply I got from Good Sams

See below. I wanted corporate to provide their response.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the trip planner. The contract with our trip planning vendor is nearing expiration. Unfortunately, to continue the partnership the vendor required that we pay them three times more per month than what we are currently paying for the service. If we would have continued the relationship with the vendor we would have had to either increase our membership prices or look at discontinuing other member benefits to offset the increase in price. In order to keep our membership prices low, we decided to discontinue our relationship with the current vendor and find another solution.

Our digital team has been working diligently to find other trip planning services that are BETTER than what our current vendor offers. That being said, we are confident that we will have a trip planning solution that is comparable to our current vendor very soon. Our goal is to launch a more robust program with enhanced features by the end of the year.

We understand that the trip planning tool is very important to our members and we hate making this change, especially during the beginning of camping season. However, we didn’t feel that our members should be penalized because of an astronomical price increase set forth by our trip planning vendor.

We appreciate your feedback. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.
2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Aisin 3.42 axle SRW LB CC pucks auto level 25 gal aux fuel tank towing 2016 Primetime Crusader 315RST Trailer Blocks, Lippert Correct Trac added, Goodyear Endurance tires Hawkshead TPM Good Sams GPS/trip planner
Days Camped: 2016 - 17: 2017 - 24: 2018 - 86: 2019 - 82
762vram2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:07 PM   #43

I got the exact same canned response from Good Sam about dropping their Trip Planner and not having another trip planning tool for the rest of the year. I looked around and started using RV Trip Wizard. It is quite comparable overall, and similar enough to GS to make it easy to learn. I think it was $39/yr and well worth it for me.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:22 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I got the exact same canned response from Good Sam about dropping their Trip Planner and not having another trip planning tool for the rest of the year. I looked around and started using RV Trip Wizard. It is quite comparable overall, and similar enough to GS to make it easy to learn. I think it was $39/yr and well worth it for me.
I am using RV Trip Wizard too, find it easy and quick. Downloads to GS GPS easily.
2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Aisin 3.42 axle SRW LB CC pucks auto level 25 gal aux fuel tank towing 2016 Primetime Crusader 315RST Trailer Blocks, Lippert Correct Trac added, Goodyear Endurance tires Hawkshead TPM Good Sams GPS/trip planner
Days Camped: 2016 - 17: 2017 - 24: 2018 - 86: 2019 - 82
762vram2043 is offline   Reply With Quote