Old 02-10-2019, 05:25 PM   #21
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengirl View Post
What is furkot?
https://trips.furkot.com/ui

It is a free site to plan out a route, enter speeds, milage driven per day or many other options. It helps you plan your route, where you can get to each day and find a campsite along the route.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
https://trips.furkot.com/ui

It is a free site to plan out a route, enter speeds, milage driven per day or many other options. It helps you plan your route, where you can get to each day and find a campsite along the route.
Thank you. I searched for it, but didn’t find anything, so I thought I’d ask.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:33 PM   #23

We use RVParky for campgrounds and Gas Buddy for fuel. Both are FREE apps for your phone or tablet.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:01 PM   #24
Tundra 2014

Planning apps.

We really like RV Trip Wizard, it is $35 a year, but allows to plan your whole trip easily. It ties into RV park review (rates camp parks) and plans your stops for fuel. A lot of features and there is a free demo. When you finish plans, it allows you to send reservation info to phone and print out a sheet w/ #s and estimated costs. You can put in preferences for state, national, Good Sam, parks etc. Also pulls up stops you have discounts for, and charts you input miles a day to drive. We have friends that full-time and we send each other our plans and stops thru this. We used for 10 weeks of trips last year.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:45 PM   #25
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

I have a Rand McNally RVND 7 GPS/android tablet and love it!

The tablet is slow, but the GPS unit is great!

I can type in a city and look for campgrounds, grocery stores, gas stations...anything you want it can find.

It even tells you what time you will reach the intended destination (and is extremely accurate as well).

And since I have Verizon internet it is always connected to my jetpack or phone hotspot so I can get weather and traffic reports, check email and search the net if I need to!

And I can even visit the FR Forums on it!

It also has the Good Sam Trip Planner in it...but I've never used it.

Plus...nothing beats having a good old skool Rand McNally Road Atlas handy!
2015 Heartland Prowler P292 5'ver, Reese 16K Pro Slider Hitch
2015 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L Gasser w/4.10 rear end
JohnD10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:07 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra 2014 View Post
We really like RV Trip Wizard, it is $35 a year, but allows to plan your whole trip easily. It ties into RV park review (rates camp parks) and plans your stops for fuel. A lot of features and there is a free demo. When you finish plans, it allows you to send reservation info to phone and print out a sheet w/ #s and estimated costs. You can put in preferences for state, national, Good Sam, parks etc. Also pulls up stops you have discounts for, and charts you input miles a day to drive. We have friends that full-time and we send each other our plans and stops thru this. We used for 10 weeks of trips last year.
X2, I use RV Trip Wizard to plan my trips. It does everything mentioned in the above post. I like the fact. I can put on distance rings of the limits I want to Drive daily and can see where to look for campgrounds which are shown on the map. Excellent tool.

I also have Allstays and RV Parky but they donít route. They only show campgrounds if you know where you want to look for them. If you know you are going to a certain town you,can see what is available but if you are on a long trip you really donít know where you might be after 6 hours or 300 miles of driving. RTW shows the campgrounds based on your input.

Iíve just finished a 7000+ mile trip from FL to as far west as Glacier National Park and back home using RVTW. Love it..

Now, I do not download the trip to my GPS, I use google maps or Waze for each leg but double check each other.

Check out the demo at rvtripwizard.com..

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:36 AM   #27

For on the road I like the Garmin 760lmt- rv model.

In an A class (39") a I'm worried about weight and size, it does a pretty good job. Google and Iphone maps are great for a catr but have not ability to add weight or height, both very important.

Also I like not needing data service- there are many places in the usa (you know those remote camping spots we love) where data service is bad or does not exist.

I also carry paper maps-
Old 02-18-2019, 07:57 PM   #28

BEST RV mapping program

RV Trip Wizard. Tried them all. It has its faults but is the most versatile. I export to Excel and then to Note for more detailed planning, but RV Trip Wizard is the base for all my planning.
stansoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:31 PM   #29

Escapees rv club just updated their mapping program. You do have to join, but there are Escapee owned parks that are cheaper, and have member parks like Good Sam.
boatcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN9XL View Post
I will make a suggestion, but it has limitations and only good if you are a member. Try Good Sam Trip Planner. https://www.goodsam.com/trip-planner/

Limitations - shows Good Sam Campgrounds & Pilot-Flying J gas station/rest stops.
Advantages are RV WARNINGS (low bridges or tunnel restrictions) along with Toll or Highway avoidance.
Be aware that Good Sams is shutting down their trip planner in early April. They indicate they intend to put a replacement online in the future but not clear when. There is a thread on this at the iRV2 forum.

The Good Sams trip planner is very similar to the Rand McNally trip planner, Rand McNally - TripMaker only difference I can see is that Good Sams includes info on RV parks (including public and non-Good Sams parks) that Rand McNally doesn't. You have to set up an account (no cost) to use the Rand McNally.

I'm in the process of replanning this years trip (which I had already done in Good Sams) using the Rand McNally planner.

2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Aisin 3.42 axle SRW LB CC pucks auto level 25 gal aux fuel tank towing 2016 Primetime Crusader 315RST Trailer Blocks, Lippert Correct Trac added, Goodyear Endurance tires Hawkshead TPM Good Sams GPS/trip planner
Days Camped: 2016 - 17: 2017 - 24: 2018 - 86: 2019 - 82 (planned so far)
762vram2043 is offline   Reply With Quote