Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #21

When we went we stopped short in Cody, WY and stayed at the KOA there. It was a great place to stay and not far from being downtown. During the Summer they do a rodeo every night which our kids love. We actually had to stop there on our way South from Glacier this Summer because our kids wanted to see the rodeo again. As others have stated, if you are worried about long pulls coming from the easy (Cody) is not the way to go. It has been several years since we went from Cody to West Yellowstone, but I believe I remember seeing at sign at one point where we were up above 10,000ft in the park. Your truck is going to work hard going that route, but it has amazing views. Again, as many have stated we stayed in West Yellowstone and the town was great.
Captain Murica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:09 AM   #22

Do like most people and leave the pets in your camper
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:46 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Do like most people and leave the pets in your camper
You Can't do that if you have a Barker !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:50 AM   #24

All the barkers camp beside us
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:19 AM   #25

Quote:
All the barkers camp beside us
I know how you feel !!!
We have a Lhasa Apso,,, she is over 13,,, she has gone blind,,, when we rescued her years ago she had been with us for a couple weeks before we even knew she could bark !!! She is the quietest dog I have ever been around !!!
Old 02-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
You Can't do that if you have a Barker !!!
This might be an option.
Yellowstone National Park Area Pet Daycare & Boarding | Petswelcome.com
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #27

Quote:
In Yellowstone they do allow 40ft campers in Fishing Bridge and they have full hookups but all are gone for this year. In West Yellowstone MT there is a great rv park, Grizzly RV park. Close to Custer State Park is a Passport America campground called Heartland RV park at Hermosa, SD. It's a good park and it's half price with a PA membership. It's $44 bucks a year and if you stayed there going and coming it would pay for itself.
Agree Heartland RV Park using PA is a Deal! Location is fine also! Youroo!!
Old 02-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Probably not cheep !!! But maybe a good option !!!
Old 02-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Murica View Post
When we went we stopped short in Cody, WY and stayed at the KOA there. It was a great place to stay and not far from being downtown. During the Summer they do a rodeo every night which our kids love. We actually had to stop there on our way South from Glacier this Summer because our kids wanted to see the rodeo again. As others have stated, if you are worried about long pulls coming from the easy (Cody) is not the way to go. It has been several years since we went from Cody to West Yellowstone, but I believe I remember seeing at sign at one point where we were up above 10,000ft in the park. Your truck is going to work hard going that route, but it has amazing views. Again, as many have stated we stayed in West Yellowstone and the town was great.
Only pass I can think of from Cody to the center of the park is Sylvan at 8,524 feet just inside the east entrance. Dunraven Pass north of Canyon Village (Hwy 20) is higher than Sylvan, and Craig Pass west of the lake on Hwy 191 is lower than Sylvan.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5moab View Post
Only pass I can think of from Cody to the center of the park is Sylvan at 8,524 feet just inside the east entrance. Dunraven Pass north of Canyon Village (Hwy 20) is higher than Sylvan, and Craig Pass west of the lake on Hwy 191 is lower than Sylvan.
Pretty sure we took Hwy 20 out of Cody right past the Buffalo Bill Resivoir, but it has been a few years. My truck at the time 2013 F150 Ecoboost handled it and out 35ft TT without an issue.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:39 AM   #31

From Cody to the east entrance there is only one highway, 14/20. I believe 14 technically ends at Fishing Bridge junction and then it becomes 20 and goes north/south.

I guess as many times as I have driven that route in the past 8-9 years (used to be about 4 times a year, until the traffic got totally insane in the park), I never really looked at the route signs. I just know the route pretty darn good.

And I can only remember one or two vehicles that had problems with Sylvan pass that were towing trailers. A few years ago it was a big motorhome pulling a jeep, but that looked more like driver fright than the vehicle being overloaded, and last year headed to Cody, I got behind a green Chrysler minivan pulling a high wall popup and I bet they added at least 15 minutes to the trip.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:19 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I know how you feel !!!
We have a Lhasa Apso,,, she is over 13,,, she has gone blind,,, when we rescued her years ago she had been with us for a couple weeks before we even knew she could bark !!! She is the quietest dog I have ever been around !!!
This sounds like our Lhasa, a Hurricane Katrina rescue. I swear we had to teach her to Bark! She is family and always travels with us. Her eyes are still good, but her heart is failing.
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
This sounds like our Lhasa, a Hurricane Katrina rescue. I swear we had to teach her to Bark! She is family and always travels with us. Her eyes are still good, but her heart is failing.
Nothing worse in my book than yeeper,,, could not live with a dog that barks @ everything & nothing !!!
Old 02-07-2017, 04:34 PM   #34
Do It Yourselfer

We travel to South Dakota from Ohio a Couple of years ago, after visiting Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial , we headed west to YellowStone NP via the southeast using Route 26 thru Dubois, Wy and stay at 'The Longhorn Ranch Lodge & RV Resort'. It's right on the Wind River. From Yellow Stone we used the southern route thru the Tetons and Jackson Hole. In Idaho be sure to visit the 'Craters of the Moon National Monument. Landscape like you've never see before. We used that route to get to 'Crater Lake National Park', the bluest pristine water in the world.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It's Easy to take 'Liberty' for granted, When you have never had it taken from You!
wuffwuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black