Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #1

Bryce/Zion UT campground recommendations?

We are looking for a great place to spend 5 days in our new TT the 3rd week of March. We need a full hook-up(30A)and internet but want a more natural atmosphere i.e. gravel roads, trees, larger spaces, etc. Does anyone have a few recommendations for us? Cheers
Mountains2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #2

Ruby's Inn at Bryce would meet your needs. It is close to the gate. Most of the older sites are gravel with pine trees. They have hookups and wifi. Wifi connection was good but performance was spotty because of satellite. We actually stayed in the new section which can best be described as a drive in theater ~ open field with power pedestals and newly planted trees.

We have also stayed at the two KOAs in the area, one by Bryce and the other near the east entrance to Zion. Boothe were ok.

2004 Georgetown 326DS
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:18 PM   #3
Happy Member

Zion River RV resort, it's 11 miles south of the entrance to Zion NP (7 minutes).
very nice, full hook ups, laundry room, clean showers, swimming pool, virgin river runs behind the CP. we stayed there everytime we go to Zion. (Mason is the GM for the site, she runs the operations and very accommodating if you need any changes when you get there).

We haven't stayed at Bryce since we drive for the day and enjoy the scenery on the way there. Kids love the tunnel in the middle on the mountain.

we got pics if you want just send a PM.
2013 FR GT 351DFS
GT4six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:11 PM   #4

Thanks so much for the input, it will be used. BTW, I posted the same on a Good Sam forum and received nada. As a newbie, this FR forum is awesome. Thanks
Mountains2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:42 PM   #5
Happy Member

enjoy your trip - Zion it's one of our favorite spots....
2013 FR GT 351DFS
Old 03-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #6
Retired on the weekends

There are several campgrounds along the river. I don't think you can go wrong. Zion is my absolute favorite place in the world ( besides Maui beaches, but I can't drive the RV there)

Enjoy your stay... and if you like to hike and enjoy a moderatly difficult hike with heights, take the Angels Landing hike. So much fun.

CLICK HERE FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST RV GROUP
The RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:13 PM   #7
Happy Member

However, I suggest to not take your children if you happen to go to Angels Landing.....

but if you have children take them on the River walk trail which is at the end of the canyon...nice trail on the actual river.....our kids had a blast!
2013 FR GT 351DFS
Old 03-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #8
Retired on the weekends

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKJJS View Post
However, I suggest to not take your children if you happen to go to Angels Landing.....

but if you have children take them on the River walk trail which is at the end of the canyon...nice trail on the actual river.....our kids had a blast!

Sorry, YES I agree, my kids (11-Girl & 5-Girl ) went on the river walk with the DW their Grandma, while F-in-law and I went to brave the heights.

CLICK HERE FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST RV GROUP
The RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #9
Site Team - Lou

We stayed at the St George KOA and absolutely LOVED it.

Be aware that they caution you NOT - REPEAT - NOT to use Old Highway 91 from the South. Even though I was warned, it was at the end of a long day and I made the turn recommended by the GPS instead of following my printed directions. (DW was sleeping at the time).

By the time I realized I was on the wrong road there was no place to turn around. I was VERY lucky as the wash I had to drive through had dried. Had I been there two days earlier, there would have been 3 feet of fast moving water in it.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #10

Zion River RV Resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT4six View Post
Zion River RV resort, it's 11 miles south of the entrance to Zion NP (7 minutes).
very nice, full hook ups, laundry room, clean showers, swimming pool, virgin river runs behind the CP. we stayed there everytime we go to Zion. (Mason is the GM for the site, she runs the operations and very accommodating if you need any changes when you get there).

We haven't stayed at Bryce since we drive for the day and enjoy the scenery on the way there. Kids love the tunnel in the middle on the mountain.

we got pics if you want just send a PM.

X2

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:42 PM   #11
SNB

Zion River Resort if full hookups are required.

Watchman Campground if you can get away with just electric for a few days.

Typically we start/end in ZRR and go into Watchman for a few days.
SNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #12

Late to the post, but I also highly recommend Zions River RV. We stay there 3-4 times a year. I have nothing but positive remarks for it.

Tags
mpg