Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2016, 10:47 PM   #1

Chula Vista RV Park vs San Diego Metro RV

Hey wanted to know people's opinion on the Chula Vista RV park vs the San Diego Metro KOA. We are hoping to head to San Diego in a few weeks and wanted opinions on which is nicer. We have never stayed at an RV park as we are old tent campers. This is the maiden voyage of our 31 ft sun seeker.

Let me also say that we have three kids (2,4,7). We would love to do campfires. We plan to go to sea world and the zoo. We also would like to spend time at the beach.
NoBadDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

I know you just started this thread to compare the two, sorry I just want to bring a third one for your consideration, Mission Bay RV Resort. It's much closer to Sea World, Zoo, Old Town than the other two.
http://missionbayrvresort.com
Old 10-19-2016, 11:42 PM   #3

We are open to any right now. It will be our first time going to San Diego in a coach so let me broaden the topic. How about ....

With the above criteria any recommendations and why.

Thanks in advance.
NoBadDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:18 AM   #4
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Only stayed at Mission Bay RV Resort once and really liked its proximity to water and other popular attractions. There is a Mission Bay park nearby, within walking distance, it has a great play area for kids. We took our kids there often when they were little.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:45 AM   #5

I live in Chula Vista and if I had young kids I'd pick KOA between the two.
KOA has a ton of activities for kids along with adults and allow campfires in metal rings which they can provide. I have my boat in the marina next to the Chula Vista RV Resort, it's nice but it's more of an older crowd.
Both have easy Freeway access and are about 20 minutes to the Zoo - Balboa Park, or Sea World.

Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:09 PM   #6

Chula Vista RV Resort, is the best, little pricey but worth it nice park by the marina also nice weather.🖒🖒🖒
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:56 PM   #7

Chula Vista RV Resort vs SD Metro KOA

We've stayed in both. We are full-timers with a 43' 5th wheel. We stayed in CV RV Resort from Dec 2015 to Mar 2016. It is immaculately maintained, and if you have a site at the back facing SD Bay, you'll have a great view. The sites are not very large, but we managed to shoehorn our rig into one of the back sites. The marina is under the same management as the RV Resort. Most of the rigs were pretty high end. Our only real complaint was the front office staff were very abrupt and not all that friendly. Also, with our reservation they didn't honor the price that we had confirmed at citing "we have the right to change our fees without notice". This was a bit of a surprise. However, many people return year after year, and we found them to be very cliqueish. Made it a bit difficult to socialize. Don't think they have any tent sites. We were planning on spending Dec 2016 to Mar 2017 at CV RV Resort, until we had occasion to stay at the SD Metro KOA this Fall (Sept).

We really liked the KOA. Bit more of an eclectic group of folks, much more family oriented, and just felt like a more relaxed place to be. We are retired, no children with us, but we really enjoyed the family atmosphere. There are lots of shade trees, and the sites are a bit more spacious than the CV RV Resort.

As a result we changed our winter reservations this winter from the CV RV resort to the SD Metro KOA. The Metro KOA is also a bit less expensive.

My $0.02, and worth every penny.

Fred
fredcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeOnWheels View Post
I know you just started this thread to compare the two, sorry I just want to bring a third one for your consideration, Mission Bay RV Resort. It's much closer to Sea World, Zoo, Old Town than the other two.
Mission Bay RV Resort RV Park Campground San Diego, California
I second the vote for Mission Bay. It is right where you want to be. has a beach, the bay, and all the amenities, for less than Campland By The Bay, which is right across the water. Enjoy.

Old TV- 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport (Hemi)- towing vehicle

DanoHB is offline   Reply With Quote