Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #21

We would be the ones turned away.... its just a form of discrimination .....you are not good enough to stay here because you can't afford a new trailer every 10 years. They have the right to to do what they want because it is a private park SAD!!!!!!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:00 AM   #22

We stayed in Door County,Wis. at a Private C/G and there were Lots of $$$$ Units and us! While walking we noticed a OLD Faded Little Toyota? MH,with 6 New tires and plates from Mo. We stopped to talk to them and they said We were the 1st people to stop and talk and they had been there a WEEK! This MH had Every Option from the Factory you could name,(Gen/AC/MW/PS/AT/Fac Air on truck/ and 6cyl engine) and it ALL Worked! They had just retired and found this unit,the Inside looked Brand New,they put a New Matt on the bed and 6 New tires had the Truck checked at the Toyota Dealer and here they were! I would camp beside these People all day long! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:13 AM   #23

Islander camping in different areas of the US can be very different and as you can see from the responses.

As far as to the 10 year rule I have never seen it it (or it is rare) in the mid Atlantic region. But the campgrounds with the rules are privately owned and can set their own rules...... As you can see some in the forum some would be ok with excluding you with a 10 year old trailer, others think it is just plain wrong, but the campgrounds can set there rules. Enforcement can go either way.........

As far as to SVC I too think it may mean service but there should be a key in the front of the camping guide as to abbreviations.

Evjoy, Camping is great & you meet so many great people..... but you will run in to a very few insensitive people that think the word revolves around them....

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 12-22-2015, 11:57 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
This depends on the type of trailer that you own. I for one do choose private RV parks to stay in as they tend to enforce the rules of their park. Also I find it very very difficult to fit a 37' to 44' fifth wheel into a tiny state park with 20' to 30' site. I also want full hook-ups, 50amp and level sites, so this to will drive us to private parks.

Every private park that I have stayed in that has a 10 year or newer rule; will usually allow an older camper in if it is in good condition and will maintain.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:26 PM   #25
Ambassador

Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
This is like the RV HMO to keep the neighborhood from looking trashy. I've been to older CGs that have old seasonal RVs that distract the appearance of the park. If I spent $50k for a FW or $200K for a MH I surely wouldn't want to park it next to a $1,000 redneck TT. This rule puts some bite into keeping the park beautiful.
Hmmm, I had a fella complain about my trailer once. I had him thrown out for harassing a fellow camper. No one needs that kind of energy around when you are just trying to relax and have a good time. Not everyone can afford to spend a years salary on a new TT. Get over it. There are other rules that also have some bite...

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:34 PM   #26
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
We stayed in Door County,Wis. at a Private C/G and there were Lots of $$$$ Units and us! While walking we noticed a OLD Faded Little Toyota? MH,with 6 New tires and plates from Mo. We stopped to talk to them and they said We were the 1st people to stop and talk and they had been there a WEEK! This MH had Every Option from the Factory you could name,(Gen/AC/MW/PS/AT/Fac Air on truck/ and 6cyl engine) and it ALL Worked! They had just retired and found this unit,the Inside looked Brand New,they put a New Matt on the bed and 6 New tires had the Truck checked at the Toyota Dealer and here they were! I would camp beside these People all day long! Youroo!!
Exactly! People need to quit judging others on just their possessions!

What happens when you have a 2014 fiver being towed by a 20 year old rusted out truck? Do they get kicked out? Or how about someone with a Class A but a "not so shiny older Toad" Do they get excluded too?

BTW....I've seen both of those "scenarios" many times!

What's next, A dress code???

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:36 PM   #27

You going to kick me out for having a 1962 toad?
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:40 PM   #28
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Thats my point....if it is ok for you to have a 1962 toad why can't I have a 1962 camper? (I know....that's stretching it but still)

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
Old 12-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #29
I Break Everything

Try this website...I never travel without consulting it FIRST:
RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks

As far as restrictions, it's a way to say keep all your junk picked up. We've stayed in some and most times the hosts were way more gracious than your typical mom and sour pop or local KOA campground. It's all you, really. Call ahead, all they can say is no. No harm no fowl. At least they are telling you before you get there.

mk

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #30

Thank you all for your input.

I understand that the 10 old year rule is probably there just for a safety margin , also I have only noticed it at couple of RV parks that I checked out online while planning a trip.

However, at our favourite RV Park here on Vancouver Island, I saw an old converted school bus hand painted camouflage with a wood burning stove / chimney towering out of the roof with sparks and ash just flying out the top, and lots of junk and beach wood for stove fuel around the outside. They were only there for a short winter season then were asked to leave.
I suspect it was for safety sakes.

As always.... Great Forum....Great Members !

Islander
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back,
Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Bilstein Shocks
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:10 PM   #31
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
You can go....the toad stays!
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:17 PM   #32

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Ontario Provincial Parks we frequent 90% of time have no snob rules. In fact the parks like the most you can not even see your neighbour because of the dense woods. I would rather have a 1967 Glendale in the site next door with nice people than the weekend warrior with a stack of 24's and endless BTO Blasting the same CD over and over.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:05 PM   #33

Quote:
No they would throw you out for driving that (32 Ford)! I guess that is what your Name Implies? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:17 PM   #34

Yes 1932 3window coup- Hot Rod. Just shy of 200000 miles since I built it!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #35
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Yes 1932 3window coup- Hot Rod. Just shy of 200000 miles since I built it!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
Old 12-23-2015, 06:08 AM   #36

Sad that a few are more worried about what you look like or your vehicles / campers look like than having fun. You are only going to be at the campground a day or to to a week or two and will probably will never see them again. I would much rather be next to a polite person in a run down piece of camper than a 50-300,000 snooty camper that thinks they should have more rights that you do because they have more (been there done that) ...................... Have fun you may find many new friends.......... open up & enjoy..............

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO

Tags
cat