Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #21

We're going to Granite Hill Campground, Gettysburg, PA and weather is going to be beautiful. While there we'll attend the Apple Festival at Arendtsville. Just returned home from a five-week trip to Colorado and back...drove 4,655 miles...and had excellent weather for the whole trip. TV and TT performed great...no problems.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #22

Lots of Canadians will be camping and many will be shivering this long weekend. It is the time when we celebrate Thanksgiving and it is a great time to get out and enjoy the fall colours at the campgrounds. Unfortunately we won't be among them as we are having family in to celebrate. Hope any Canadians reading this have a wonderful Thanksgiving and to our American friends; have a great Columbus Day holiday. Old Guys
Old 10-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #23

us Southerners ( Americans) forget that Canada's Thanksgiving is this weekend, Hope you Guys have a great one, dont eat to much LOL

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305

Days camped 2011 "3" so far,
Hatchet58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #24

Well, I am not sure about you hatchet, but Thursday and Friday were good here. From about 8pm on Friday night it rained solid and heavy till about 6am on Sunday morning.

lol they said it was over three inches of rain in that period. On the way home there were several rivers and flood stage.

We still had a great time and I didn't see any leaks in the trailer.

I experimented with different ways of tying down the awning in the wind mostly with the classic ratchet straps to dog anchors in the ground. They held much better, but I still don't know where to draw the line. Gusts were predicted to 35mph and I believe it. Ended up taking it down in the end.

Hope everyone elses weekend was enjoyable.
2006 Sierra F28 Rear Kitchen 5th Wheel, 31' = 10k pounds.
Nights camped in 09-14, 2010-23
Mr. Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

W/ the weather we had here in central Ontario, it would've been a great weekend for camping. I met a lot of RVs on our drive from Prescott to Oshawa last Fri'.

Unfortunately a trip wasn't in the cards for me, so I spent part of Sat' finishing the winterizing of my trailer.

https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:18 AM   #26

Came back from a beautiful weather week end, but suffered from a head cold and post nasal drip had medication on ice and it did help with the symptoms. Started decorating our site for Halloween.
I hope everyone else had a great weekend.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #27

Rain Rain Rain, and Yes, More Rain.. That was the weather for the weekend at leveanworth Wa. and wouldnt you know it, it was BEAUTIFUL Monday coming Home, Sunny, and hardly a cloud in the Sky,, we didnt have 3" of Rain, maybe 2 1/2 LOL, Beer was Cold at Oktober fest and that was a Bright point on a soggy night

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305

Days camped 2011 "3" so far,
Hatchet58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #28
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchet58 View Post
Your a Brave man to have 5 females in a RV .. Hope there is a bathroom close by or you will be goin outside LOL
and Rockwood, send some of that weather our way, Rain and all around crappy weather this weekend here in the Northwest
I didn't get a chance to read your post until I got back. I had to laugh because I had to use the bath house restroom more than once during our four day trip. I did survive, but I do think my hair is a little bit grayer now!