Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2018, 02:46 PM   #1

Corona California campground

Planning s trip for summer. Anybody stay in the area of corona California? Full hookups would be great. Thanks everyone.
MTSparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:36 PM   #2

try prado dam regional park. there is another one nearby on the santa ana river.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:44 PM   #3

I would stay at Prada before I would stay at Canyon RV Park (this is the park next to the river bed as mentioned above) Canyon RV Park is literally next to the 91 freeway and all you hear is cars 24/7.

If you don’t have to stay in Corona exactly there’s a couple nice parks in Pomona which is about 20 miles from Corona. There’s a KOA at the Pomona Fairgrounds and also one called Pomona RV Park
SlfMdeFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Allen View Post
I would stay at Prada before I would stay at Canyon RV Park (this is the park next to the river bed as mentioned above) Canyon RV Park is literally next to the 91 freeway and all you hear is cars 24/7.

If you don’t have to stay in Corona exactly there’s a couple nice parks in Pomona which is about 20 miles from Corona. There’s a KOA at the Pomona Fairgrounds and also one called Pomona RV Park

Thanks for the response Chris. I don't need to be in Corona necessarily, just within a reasonable driving distance. Less highway noise the better. From what I understand California highways are busy. [emoji6]
Old 02-19-2018, 09:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSparky View Post
Thanks for the response Chris. I don't need to be in Corona necessarily, just within a reasonable driving distance. Less highway noise the better. From what I understand California highways are busy. [emoji6]

Absolutely. If there’s a specific area you’ll be at or going to I can narrow down another spot. I was born and raised in this area. I currently live roughly 25 miles just outside of corona.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Absolutely. If there’s a specific area you’ll be at or going to I can narrow down another spot. I was born and raised in this area. I currently live roughly 25 miles just outside of corona.

Ok great! Plans are in the beginning stages but I'll get back with you for sure. I'll have my kids with me so we'll be looking for a little adventure. We're living in a town of 53 so they can't wait to get outta Montana and into California. Terrifies me lol
Old 02-19-2018, 10:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
try prado dam regional park. there is another one nearby on the santa ana river.

Thanks CHICKDOE , I'll definitely check those out.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Ok great! Plans are in the beginning stages but I'll get back with you for sure. I'll have my kids with me so we'll be looking for a little adventure. We're living in a town of 53 so they can't wait to get outta Montana and into California. Terrifies me lol

Oh boy you are in for a treat!

After almost 40 years of being here and calling Ca home we are moving to Spokane in June. Cant wait to get out of here.

You’ll have fun. On the bright side, you don’t have to stay here. Come, see stuff, get the heck out. Haha.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Being from Montana and a town of 53. I’d be sure to not pack anything that you would normally carry that would resemble a fist with your pointer finger out and a thumb up.
You might end up staying there much longer than you had planned.
Mslaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslaman View Post
Being from Montana and a town of 53. I’d be sure to not pack anything that you would normally carry that would resemble a fist with your pointer finger out and a thumb up.

You might end up staying there much longer than you had planned.

Lol. I might be a bit hillbilly but not that hillbilly🤠[emoji6]
Old 02-19-2018, 10:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Oh boy you are in for a treat!

After almost 40 years of being here and calling Ca home we are moving to Spokane in June. Cant wait to get out of here.

You’ll have fun. On the bright side, you don’t have to stay here. Come, see stuff, get the heck out. Haha.

Should be exciting. I was out in San Fernando valley area like 25 years ago when my Dad lived there. Was in a earthquake and everything. It was great lol.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Lol. I might be a bit hillbilly but not that hillbilly🤠[emoji6]
Just trying to help
Mslaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslaman View Post
Just trying to help

I appreciate it. Believe me, I need all the help I can get.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:26 PM   #14

Orangeland RV Park Orange, CA. And only 5mi from Disney.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Orangeland RV Park Orange, CA. And only 5mi from Disney.

That'd be great. What's the prices these days? 2 adults and four kids potentially. Will I have to sell the truck to afford it? I thought I just had heard prices went up but regardless will be saving for the trip and I'd think it's worth it.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:55 PM   #16

Quote:
That'd be great. What's the prices these days? 2 adults and four kids potentially. Will I have to sell the truck to afford it? I thought I just had heard prices went up but regardless will be saving for the trip and I'd think it's worth it.

A family of four for a day without park hopper tickets will cost us about $800 including food parking and a few bucks for souvenirs. I believe the tickets are around $130 per person... Food per person each meal is about $25+/-
Old 02-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #17

Which route are you planning on coming down? I have done the reverse trip twice driving up to Montana via different routes. I can help you out with stops in between.
cpttimerstraint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttimerstraint View Post
Which route are you planning on coming down? I have done the reverse trip twice driving up to Montana via different routes. I can help you out with stops in between.

I haven't planned a rout yet. Right now the plan will be that we're visiting family in Michigan than going to the corona, California area then to SW Montana. Any good rout advise would be great.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:08 PM   #19

Quote:
A family of four for a day without park hopper tickets will cost us about $800 including food parking and a few bucks for souvenirs. I believe the tickets are around $130 per person... Food per person each meal is about $25+/-

Wow. Kids may have to settle for a drive past the park with some crackerjacks and lemonade
Old 02-21-2018, 12:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Wow. Kids may have to settle for a drive past the park with some crackerjacks and lemonade

You can always check out downtown Disney. It’s free and real cool for the kids.

Tags
california, mpg