Old 01-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #1

Fishing Bridge Campground in Yellowstone.

Going to Yellowstone and the Tetons the first 9 days of June. Changed reservations from outside the park to inside. Will be staying at the Fishing Bridge Campground. I'm a little worried. The reviews have not been that favorable. Mostly about how cramped the sites are. We are staying at the Colter Bay RV Park in the Teton much better reviews for this one. Any input about either?? Thanks.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:16 AM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

personally, we'd never stay at FB. but we don't need hookups, therefore prefer the larger non-hookup sites at the other YNP campgrounds.
but it appears you have a MH, so it won't be much different room-wise than most private RV campgrounds.
it is in a very convenient location in the park but we'd camp in Bridge Bay instead. much bigger sites and in the same general location as FB.

we stayed at Colter Bay's non-hookup campground, over their RV park, for the same reasons. huge sites with generator loops and non-generator loops.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #3
Incheon, S. Korea

We stayed at Baybridge and it was awesome. It's literally "next door" to Fishing Bridge CG.

Quiet time is 8PM FYI...

Check out my custom leveling blocks!

BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:27 AM   #4

Well, if you want full hookups inside YNP Fishing Bridge is your only option. We require full hookups so always stay at FB and have no issues. Colter Bay RV Park in Teton NP is our place of choice. Do not have any bad vibes about it to pass on. We have stayed at Colter Bay and driven into YNP at times due to FB being full-up. We have a 38' MH towing and have never had issues with enough space for our rig at either location. I think you need to make reservations as early as possible at either/both locations if they are your choice as both fill up rapidly. One other thing. I think it's cold and snow capped in early June. Some years ago YNP didn't open till around the 6th of June. It is cold then but we think the best time with the best views and diversity (transitioning from winter to summer). Have a nice trip.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #5

Thanks so much for your replies. Gives me some pease of mind now after all the bad reviews I've seen on Trip Advisor. We have a 31foot MH and will be towing a 16 trailer with our motorcycles on it. Think doing our touring by Motorcycle will be awesome! Though it might be alittle chilly! Have already made reservations for FB and Colter Bay at the Tetons. Can't wait !!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #6

I`ve heard the same, but I`ve also seen pics posted of it and it looks good to me! keep in mind it is not a resort, and any campground in Yellowstone will be a place to park the RV while you are out all day checking the place out! I don`t see anyone going to Yellowstone and just sitting in the campground all day everyday on their trip! I have future plans for a Yellowstone trip and Fishing Bridge is the place I will be staying.

Enjoy your trip. much better to be in the park than driving an hour or so in to a certain point and then drive some more again!
Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevinseve View Post
Thanks so much for your replies. Gives me some pease of mind now after all the bad reviews I've seen on Trip Advisor. We have a 31foot MH and will be towing a 16 trailer with our motorcycles on it. Think doing our touring by Motorcycle will be awesome! Though it might be alittle chilly! Have already made reservations for FB and Colter Bay at the Tetons. Can't wait !!
Yes it is tight in Fishing Bridge and the 31ft MH is no issue but your trailer may be.
I usually stay outside the park in West Yellowstone. Grizzly RV is the closest to the west gate and is in town. Plenty to do and see in West Yellowstone. Plan in bringing your food and drink before you get there. They do have a general store as well as a gas station.

Colter Bay is nice in the woods but look out for low branches. The drive into Yellowstone from there to Fishing Bridge is really nice and enjoyable.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:43 PM   #8

Personally we prefer Bridge Bay - almost lakeshore with bison outside the door in the morning (special). It has the advantage that DW and I like of being very close to the Bridge Bay Hotel which has a great air of old fashioned gentility which can make for very pleasant evenings. Plus, the laundry at the hotel is a LOT quieter than the one at FB (you can sit in the lounge and enjoy a cocktail while the washing is doing!!!

2005 Ford F150 5.4
2011 Salem 21FBS
greenliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:37 AM   #9

Bear with me, I have a lot to say. My wife asked me to reply and she may reply from home which may look like a double post but we are 300 miles away as I am traveling and she is home.

We did this same trip summer of 2012 for 2 weeks.

Fishing bridge, great location but it is extremely tight. Inside the park it's the only game in town with hook ups. This is not the set-up chairs, grill, coolers hang out spot. This is simply a place to rest your head, warm shower and have lights movie after a day in Yellowstone. If we were going to have a redo we would have stayed here 2-3 nights. Not because it's a bad place but more that it's a longer drive to the west side of park. Based on experience and what I have read I would stay again at fish bridge but would move to west Yellowstone for viewing of the west side with better evening amenities.

When it comes to grand Tetons this is absolutely the best part of trip. Colter bay is excellent and I recommend all who go to Yellowstone to stay a couple nights here. It took about an hour to get here from fishing bridge and the landscape is completely different. The campground itself is on the lake and offers a lot of activities like fishing, horseback riding, hiking etc. Great grocery, restaurant, marina, laundry and other things you may not expect in the mountains. Sites are beautiful, wide and areas to roam with great hook-ups. We saw more wildlife, moose (we didn't find in Yellowstone). Momma and baby bears up close, didn't see in Yellowstone without binoculars. The backdrop of snow covered mountains in early July is gorgeous yet it was 70-80's most days. I have attached a couple pics of this. Another nice thing about colter bay is that it's less than an hour from Jackson wyo, shops, restaurants, white water rafting, wild life art galleries, etc.

Have a great trip and let me know if you need or have any questions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-52919170.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	44937

Attachment 44939

Name:	image-432146058.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	44940
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1637326927.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	44938  
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNewbees View Post
Bear with me, I have a lot to say. My wife asked me to reply and she may reply from home which may look like a double post but we are 300 miles away as I am traveling and she is home.

We did this same trip summer of 2012 for 2 weeks.

Fishing bridge, great location but it is extremely tight. Inside the park it's the only game in town with hook ups. This is not the set-up chairs, grill, coolers hang out spot. This is simply a place to rest your head, warm shower and have lights movie after a day in Yellowstone. If we were going to have a redo we would have stayed here 2-3 nights. Not because it's a bad place but more that it's a longer drive to the west side of park. Based on experience and what I have read I would stay again at fish bridge but would move to west Yellowstone for viewing of the west side with better evening amenities.

When it comes to grand Tetons this is absolutely the best part of trip. Colter bay is excellent and I recommend all who go to Yellowstone to stay a couple nights here. It took about an hour to get here from fishing bridge and the landscape is completely different. The campground itself is on the lake and offers a lot of activities like fishing, horseback riding, hiking etc. Great grocery, restaurant, marina, laundry and other things you may not expect in the mountains. Sites are beautiful, wide and areas to roam with great hook-ups. We saw more wildlife, moose (we didn't find in Yellowstone). Momma and baby bears up close, didn't see in Yellowstone without binoculars. The backdrop of snow covered mountains in early July is gorgeous yet it was 70-80's most days. I have attached a couple pics of this. Another nice thing about colter bay is that it's less than an hour from Jackson wyo, shops, restaurants, white water rafting, wild life art galleries, etc.

Have a great trip and let me know if you need or have any questions.
Thank you so much for your reply. This us why I love this forum so much. We are vacationing the entire month of June and spending 7 days in that area. Still working on the rest of the itinerary but do know we will be going to Albuquerque for a few days before heading back to Arkansas. Thanks again.