Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #1

Fraser, CO

any recomendations for camping near Fraser, CO. been invited to a wedding in that area next summer and thinking of making it a family vacation. would need a site for our 30 foot tt. thanks.
campfirefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
CampeRooo

If you're not having to stay in Fraser itself, I can recommend staying at the campgrounds on the southeastern portion of Lake Granby in Arapahoe Bay. My wife and I camp out up there a few times a year (when the Rocky Mtn N.P. road is open) and have enjoyed it each time. We didn't make it last year because of her new job (being on-call 6 days a week) but I know that they have been doing a lot of "beetle kill" clearing up there, so shade may be questionable these days. But fishing the inlet for rainbows is great and my wife loves seeing the moose cross the inlet in the mornings and the eagles flying around. We stay only at the Moraine loop just because the other loops have boot ramps on them and it can be noisy and dusty during the day. Here's the reserveamerica.com site for it - Campground Details - Arapaho Bay (CO), CO - ReserveAmerica - [nrso]

Otherwise, Rocky Mtn National Park has plenty of areas to camp in as well and your pass is good for 5 days during your stay. Electricity will be scarce up there (Granby too), just to warn you, but if you have other means of staying powered up, you should be all set. Here's the page for that Rocky Mountain National Park - Campgrounds (U.S. National Park Service)

If you're interested in staying more I-70-ish western portion of the state, let me know, I have some friends that live in Basalt and they would probably have some really good recommendations as well. They are not on this forum, but a quick email and I'll get some answers for you.

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote