Old 06-08-2016, 08:08 PM   #11
I have traversed cross-country on I-70 at least 18 times. Mostly in my 1967 Corvette, but lately towing a travel trailer. Good road, not as heavily traqvelled as some of the other Interstates, but can be windy in the flatlands west of Missouri. In the St. Louis area we recommend Sundermeier RV Park in St. Charles. One of the nicest we've encountered. Great restaurants in the old town section. Between St. Louis and Denver, we've stayed at Triple J RV Park just off I-70 in Russell. Nice park and really convenient to the Interstate. Stayed there in July 2012 when a thunderstorm descended on us with such fury my wife thought the wind would rip the trailer right off the ground. I told her not to worry--we were still hooked up to our truck!! Then she peered out the window at the height of the storm, and swears she saw the Wicked Witch of the West fly by on her broomstick!!

Jakie-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:59 PM   #12
Don't be smoking pot in CO, just kidding.

whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:22 PM   #13
The candy "I hear" is dandy!
rwatson908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:42 PM   #14
Originally Posted by rwatson908 View Post
We are driving out to Denver from Atlanta this Friday. Headed to Red Rocks for a Steely Dan/ Steve Winwood concert 5/13.
Excited needless to say!
We are going west via I-70. Pulling a 21' DS, microlite with a 2011 Toyota forerunner. First long trip!
I've driven this route a few time(no TT), Kansas is not very exciting, but the destination is the goal.
Safe travels!!
Looks like your Steely Dan concert was memorable!

2015 Denali Duramax 2500
2017 Coachmen 229TBS
2010 Shamrock 21SS - sold!
flymhi is offline   Reply With Quote