Old 01-23-2015, 03:40 PM   #11

X3 on Grand Canyon Railway Park. PPA good for seven days in 30 and big enough for the bigger rigs. Right across the street from railway station. Call for reservations and get the better deals.

Dave

Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:45 PM   #12
Professional Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackVawter View Post
I recommend Trailer Village inside the park, a Xanterra managed property
I stayed there 5 days and enjoyed it. Never moved my tow vehicle except for one trip to the east end for a sunset. The rest of the week we just utilized the bus system that runs all over the South Rim.

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I'm on the same mode except we're leaving next week from Upper Michigan. Don't have a plan yet but we'll figure it out when we get there. Got 3-4 months planned for this. Do I need to take notes for everyone?
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #14

Grand Canyon Railway RV Park. All sites paved and level. Very nice.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt1655 View Post
Hidee ho,
From personal experience, the Grand Canyon/Williams KOA at 5333 State Highway 64 is closer, nicer and quieter than the Williams KOA. It is also on the highway to the Grand Canyon. The Williams KOA has a lot more freeway I40 and train noise. Williams does have a fair amount to do and see but your real time should be spent at the Grand Canyon itself. The shuttle service that's free from the airport at Tusayan to the south rim visitors center of the grand canyon is not operating until May 2015 (I just looked it up on the internet). If you park at the south rim visitors center the park shuttle will take you all over the area for free and there's plenty of parking. Have fun!
We were there last year, Williams/freeway KOA is in the trees but limits your water usage because their water is tanked in.

KOA on 64 has ZERO shade trees and it was too windy most days to hang the awning out.
We also had red cinder rocks from the spot we were in all over the place.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:47 PM   #16

If you can find a spot, I recommend Trailer Village as well. It's inside the park, full hook up, and within walking distance to the canyon and all the bus stops. It is no longer operated by Xanterra. It is now operated by Delaware North Corporation Parks and Resorts. This is a relatively recent change as I reserved a spot thru Xanterra a few months ago.

Trailer Village | Grand Canyon National Park
Old 02-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #17

We just completed our plans to visit the Grand Canyon this year. We are in North Carolina and will be leaving here in Mid-April. We already have reservations for one week at Meadview RV Park on the West Rim then we will move to Trailer Village on the south rim for two weeks and finish up with Kaibab Camper Village on the north rim for 6 nights. All reservations have been confirmed. This is our first trip to the Grand Canyon so we want to allow plenty of time for seeing all of the beautiful sights. All together we have planned almost two months to complete this trip since we will be driving from North Carolina. We are really looking forward to this trip. This will be the longest trip that the wife and I have ever taken in our camper. We plan on travelling I-40 most of the way.

Freddie & Linda
2015 Forest River Sierra 330RLS
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins Diesel
Days camped for 2016 - 46
Days Planned for 2017 - 128
Dakota EV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:41 PM   #18

we are at Mead view RV park now and will be heading for Trailer Village this Friday. But I have a question for anyone that has already stayed in trailer village. Does it cost extra to take a trailer (camper) into the grand canyon national park or do they just charge you the standard charge? I have the Senior Pass to all of the National Parks so that will cover my normal entry fee but I can not find any information about charges for campers.

Thanks,

Freddie & Linda
Old 04-27-2015, 12:32 AM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota EV View Post
we are at Mead view RV park now and will be heading for Trailer Village this Friday. But I have a question for anyone that has already stayed in trailer village. Does it cost extra to take a trailer (camper) into the grand canyon national park or do they just charge you the standard charge? I have the Senior Pass to all of the National Parks so that will cover my normal entry fee but I can not find any information about charges for campers.

Thanks,
I just left Grand Canyon area today. I tried to get in to Trailer Village but all they had was electric only site left, so call early. It's just inside the park and it looked nice with tree covered sites. We stayed at Grand Canyon Railroad RV Park. It's a clean paved RV park with a train going to the GC for a day trip. With Passport America it's only $22 (half price) a night.
The Senior Pass gets you in with your RV but parking is terrible with a RV. Senior Pass allows you and 3 guests into the park.
The park buses bring you all over and to places you can't drive your self and it free.
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:28 AM   #20

Thanks for the answer about our camper. That was what I needed to know. We already have reservations at Trailer Village for two weeks. I wanted to stay at Trailer Village so that we could use their transportation system and just leave our truck parked.

Thanks.

Freddie & Linda