Old 10-31-2014, 03:37 PM   #11
We camped at the south rim trailer village in early January a couple of years ago. It was very cold and snowed the last 2 days we were there. Water froze in the campground supply but we had an almost full fresh water tank so no issues. One area of concern was that the roads inside the campground were not plowed while we're we there. If it wasn't for having 4 wheel drive I don't think I could have pulled the trailer out of the campsite. Once out of the campground roads were plowed and clear. However, the Grand Canyon in snow is really beautiful and we almost had the place to ourselves. I would highly recommend braving the elements to experience it.

2006 Silverback 33LCDTS
2012 F250 Superduty Diesel 4x4.
Firestone Ride-Rite Airbags
Wingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #12
First time we went to GC it was over a Memorial Day weekend several years ago and we got a light dusting of snow! It was really pretty so I would imagine it would be a lot prettier when it really snows.

Not knowing much about anything, I don't know if a heavy Class A works better or worse than your 4 wheel drive in snow, so I don't know if I want to take the chance of getting stuck for days till they decide to plow the campground. :-)

2013 Georgetown XL 377TS
vakeel is offline   Reply With Quote