Old 02-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #1

Guadalupe River RV Park@San Antonio

We are heading over to San Antonio for a BBQ cook off and we are staying at the Guadalupe River RV Park. This will be our first time staying at this park, anyone have any experience with this park?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

I have not been there, but one thing to keep in mind...it is a bit up the road from San Antonio. I don't know where your BBQ cook off is actually at, but it could be a bit of a drive. Hwy 281 can be pretty crazy with traffic depending on what time of day you are there.

The park itself look great, and I have heard of other people talk that have enjoyed it. The Guadalupe River is one of the prettier rivers in Texas.

Have fun!

Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #3

Ed,

Thanks for the reply, the cookoff is actually at/and adjacent to the park. No driving required once we are set up. Brother-in-law has a team and his own brand of seasonings of course. Rimfire Cookers. He lives in Spring Branch about 5 minutes from the RV park. I have driven past the park but have never had a reason to stay there untill now.

Meat over fire with cold beer, can't go wrong!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
Now a "Top Member"

Well that makes it easy then. Got room for one more?? Sounds like a fine evening!

Old 02-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
Well that makes it easy then. Got room for one more?? Sounds like a fine evening!
If you only lived off I-10 west...... I am sure they have some spots give them a call and we can meet you there. they have a BBQ cookoff rate of $32.00 a night with full hookups.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
Now a "Top Member"

Hmmmm, interesting. What are the dates? I have to come that way...sorta. But it all depends on the date.

Did your camper survive the freezes intact? I pressure tested my water lines after it was all over, and looks like mine is just fine. I did go and buy a light to stick in the basement to ensure my water lines in there and the filter would not (hopefully) freeze. It was apparently enough.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
Hmmmm, interesting. What are the dates? I have to come that way...sorta. But it all depends on the date.

Did your camper survive the freezes intact? I pressure tested my water lines after it was all over, and looks like mine is just fine. I did go and buy a light to stick in the basement to ensure my water lines in there and the filter would not (hopefully) freeze. It was apparently enough.
we survived the freeze as well as expected, no problems that I have found.

The BBQ cookoff dates I sent to you in a private message, i don't like to advertise when my home will be vacant on a public forumn, can't be to carefull.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #8

BBQ Cookoff went Well!

The trip went well, the park has decent restroom facilities and showers, (although one is new and not completly finished on the inside). They gave us a pull through spot that was nice. The park is right on the river, 2 minute walk to cast a line. scenic and nice views. Ok for a weekend trip or a trip to the river. The road getting in is quite winding and hilly, but hey it is the "hill Country".

We "Rimfire Cookers" took 5th place in Brisket and 7th place in chicken with atleast 75 teams cooking so all in all not a bad outing.

I don't make a cent off this stuff/ but the Pit Master (my brother in law) sells his spice blends if anyone is interested.

Texas RimFire Brand

Cheers!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #9
Now a "Top Member"

Very cool Dan. Sounds like y'all had a great weekend. Good report on the park as well. I'll sure be keeping it in mind when we head that way. My kids and grandkids live in San Antonio, so we have plenty of excuses to get that way.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #10

Ed

the park was decnet/people were nice, there were some older Park models that were "older" and the clerk told me they have alot of winter texans / snowbirds that stay there. but you can def tube and swim right there if you wanted to, they have a few swim at your own risk signs and gates for river access. We got to fish for a bit and there were some jumping right there guess they did not like our bait.

Oh well we had a good time and that is all that matters..