Old 07-27-2015, 04:46 PM   #31
Crazy horse

Unless you're into Indian history the drive by will do, Mt Rushmore much better. There is so much more to see and do in Yellowstone- Cody WY and the Tetones that you should save Rapid City area for trip back if you have any time left.

Just so fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:00 PM   #32
NO! It's a joke w hardly anything being done in recent years. BUT, great museum. If u r interested in that, go for the collections, but not for the monument.

Maineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:52 PM   #33
Keep in mind that the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is August 3 to the 9th. 400,000 to 500,000 people and the Black Hills get really crowded.
fander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:01 PM   #34
If you have not seen Crazy Horse before I say go , if have seen it before I say don't go.
uually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:16 PM   #35
It' s the 75 anaversery of Sturgies, they except up to a million bickers that week
Just so fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:59 PM   #36
We just took that trip. I drove up to the entry to Crazy Horse. It looked like a tourist trap as the gate guy talked about gift shops and eating entry fee about $25. We instead drove to Jewel Cave National Park and took the best cave tour I've been in. Get there early as the tours sell out. The next day we went to Mt Rushmore nice; Windy Cave, not impressed. Our third day we drove to the town of Wall Drug then a drive thru the beautiful Badlands National Park. Wish we would have spent more time in Wall and Badlands.
Have a nice trip.
gary ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:20 PM   #37
Send a message via MSN to judy3972
Had a great tour and guide.
Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Custer.
If you use a tour the guide offers much more than you get if you do it yourself.
Life's a journey, enjoy the trip.

Phoenix, Az.
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:08 AM   #38
I was just at Yellowstone last week, and it was full. I have a 33CK that is 36 feet long. While getting anywhere in the park was not a problem, finding a camping spot was. I opted to stay at the KOA in West Yellowstone, and drive in. Same thing in the Deadwood/Devils Tower/Rushmore/Crazy Horse area. We camped at KOA Spearfish and did day trips. The traffic was very heavy partially because of Sturgis. If you should go to Devils Tower, there is a nice KOA right at the park entrance.
Rick_Geneseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:47 AM   #39
May be worth your time, but I am not seeing much progress. You can see all you need to see from the parking lot. However, you may want to go in to see the movie, etc. could be worth it to you. Besides it supports the work.

Bob, Diane & Snoopy
2015 3050s Sunseeker
Santabobswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #40
We went to the Black Hills last year. On the trip out, we happened to be camping next to a couple from the Rapid City area. This is what they told us; take from it what you will.
They said that tribe that is building the monument has had public and private financial offers to finish it, but they have refused the help. Some in the tribe are living like royalty on the fees & donations, and a lot of that money will dry up when the statue is finished. That is also why there is so little progress in the carving of it. They donít want to stop the gravy train.
We chose to take a picture of it from the highway, and spent the money at the Mt. Rushmore gift shops.
We also stayed at Beaver Lake campground, and it was great. The bunnies running around the campsites were tasty..........just kidding, they were cute. Just be aware if you have a dog.

2017 Sunseeker MBS 2400R
llberge is offline   Reply With Quote