Old 06-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #11
Originally Posted by dimurrrw View Post
Seems to me that, in addition to every thing else, the sites are angled in the wrong direction with respect to the road. You either have to back in from you blind (passenger side) or make an extra sharp turn if trying to back in from the driver's side.
Yes, almost all of the back-in sites have you backing in from the passenger side. My wife helps me back into sites like this with our walkie-talkies. The B section that we are in seems to have the worst slope and the narrowest sites.

The shame of this campground is that they have great amenities but the RV sites and roads seem to be neglected. This campground is overrun with ground squirrels and the site next to us has so many burrows that you have to watch where you walk for fear of twisting an ankle. I dont know if anything could be done about the squirrels or not, just saying.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
Estes Park, CO

We stayed at Carter Lake near Longmont, CO and made the 35 mile, hour drive to Estes Park.

Find Campsites - Carter Lake, CO - ReserveAmerica - [LARC]

2011 Rockwood Windjammer 2102W
2008 Ram Laramie 3500 Megacab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel
(the max loaded 2006 F150 5.4L V8 would only go 55 MPH Westbound on I-80 in Wyoming)
Chuckinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #13
If you think that site is not stay at KOA Gothenburg, Ne. We just went to Iowa from Phoenix to visit family and stopped after 500 miles each day. That place was by far the worst place I have ever stayed or camped. We would have been better off at a rest area. No attention was paid to the roads or grassy areas between sites and the amenities were very dirty and unkempt. I would like to stay somewhere near Estes Park sometime though. The site you stayed at looks okay. I am okay with having to level a little bit but backing in would stink though.
2012 Colorado 4x4 5.3v8 CCSB
2005 Sierra F37SP...soon to be gone
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa....wish someone would buy me...
1971 Camaro restomod in progress...yeah right....
djorgensen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #14
We camped in one RV park where our slide and the neighbor's slide overlapped by about 3 inches. Fortunately it was a front slide on his side and our rear slide. The view? Disney nightly fireworks were spectacular.
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #15
Site Team
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
I realize you like hookups but we used to go to Estes/Rocky Mountain every summer and Moraine Campground at Rocky Mountain National Park is the most gorgeous I have ever stayed at. (no hookups and strict rules but worth it) It's about a five minute drive to the Estes Park supermarket.
The National Parks are also notoriously unfriendly toward dogs; something else to consider. If you can do without electrical, the National Forest Service campgrounds are much nicer IMO.

2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 2016 Surveyor 274BHS
2003 Yamaha FJR1300, Demco Premiere Slider
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote