Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2017, 02:59 PM   #1

Kingsman AZ Walmart

Use caution if you stop here.. we pulled in to stock up on supplies and by time we came out, some dirtbag siphoned out 40 gallons of fuel and no one saw a thing

Mark
Livinthdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:47 PM   #2

Sorry to hear that and good heads up. I have never had a problem in my travels but then I leave Jake in the truck with the windows down, fur and teeth have a way of slowing down theft.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Sorry to hear that and good heads up. I have never had a problem in my travels but then I leave Jake in the truck with the windows down, fur and teeth have a way of slowing down theft.
My Brother, I could not have been more upset and disappointed. We lived in NY for 18 years and were accustomed to this kind of behavior.. for the last two years we have lived in a small town in Iowa where you can leave your house unlocked and your keys in your car. When we venture back out into the real world we are slapped back into reality... can't wait to get back home.

Mark
Livinthdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:32 PM   #4

Sorry to hear about the reception you got in Kingman. A lot of people passing though there. The Walmart has a Security Dept and cameras on the parking lot, although I do not know how long they retain the footage for.
High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:37 PM   #5

I have locking gas caps and a dog.

And my wife can be viscous too.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country View Post
Sorry to hear about the reception you got in Kingman. A lot of people passing though there. The Walmart has a Security Dept and cameras on the parking lot, although I do not know how long they retain the footage for.
'NORMALLY' the tapes are kept for 30 days (used to be anyhow), but they're recorded over so many times the footage isn't decent quality. Also, if parked too far from the actual camera, probably nothing to see.
P.S. I don't work for them anymore X 10 years! Best move I ever made!!!
extxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by extxn View Post
'NORMALLY' the tapes are kept for 30 days (used to be anyhow), but they're recorded over so many times the footage isn't decent quality. Also, if parked too far from the actual camera, probably nothing to see.
P.S. I don't work for them anymore X 10 years! Best move I ever made!!!
My experience with Wal-Mart security cameras are the exterior ones, if working (which a lot dont) are very poor quality compared to their interior cameras.

Retail loses more product to internal theft than shoplifters on average. They don't lose too much of their product in the parking lot. They outside ones are more of a deterrent than anything.

I'd say bite the bullet any put 40 gallons back in and don't stress about it anymore. It's a huge long shot that law enforcement would have enough to go on to move the case to the prosecutor.

2016 nights camped = 17
2017 nights camped = 4
Chpusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:58 AM   #8

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I know that we feel like we have been violated when things like this happen, thank God that that's all were taken and like it been said already a locking gas cap will slow them down.

Always been diligent where every you goes, I was going to stay at the Wal-Mart when the wife and I go on our trip but she told me that she didn't feel good staying there so I made reservation at the camp grounds. Be safe everybody, it's summer times is here.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote