Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2015, 06:55 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga99 View Post
Follow up

So I made my reservations and was told that the only place they had available as Madison even though the web site shows availability in both Grant and Bridge Bay for 40 ft units. I am 40 ft 2 inches and they will not assign me a 40 ft spot. Luckily I am traveling with my kids who are tenting it so I can park my truck in their space and they can park their mini van in. Mine to keep total length below 40 ft. This is ridiculous and I am sure not the way things are supposed to work. All this because I am 2 inches too long. Has anyone else seen this kind of logic at work.
Never say your over 40' that is the logic you have to use. Nobody is going to go out and measure your unit. Your dealing with Government regs, and we all know how stupid some of them are. When you get there you will scratch your head and say look at all this room. The only place I take to the rule is like on a highway such as hywy#1 in California, when they say nothing over 35' they mean it because of the curves and cut backs, but a CG give me a break it is a joke.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote