Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2018, 12:04 AM   #41

tehachapi

If you're outside of LA, check out a Kern County Park in Tehachapi Mountain Park. Wonderful.

https://www.kerncounty.com/gsd/parks/tehachapi.aspx

We stop there when driving from SF toward Vegas.

Bill
Old 11-06-2018, 08:54 AM   #42

Bodega Bay

Last March, 2017, we left Thunder Bay in a snowstorm for a three week adventure, ending up in California for a one week stay put. Stayed north of San Francisco at Porto Bodega Marina & RV Park in ocean front site. Had to book ahead for this pleasure. This allowed day trips into San Fran, Napa Valley and the very twisty A1A, I think....beautiful vistas north and south of Bodega Bay. Lots of little towns/shops with excellent deli/ready made food to go. Loved every minute of it.
debj56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:20 PM   #43

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but we live in the LA / Orange County CA area.
If it were me and my wife, and we wanted to see San Diego, et al, thru Frisco. I'd park the rig in Las Vegas. Then fly to San Diego, rent a car and hotel it from San Diego to LA to places in between to San Francisco. Then fly back to Vegas and save the traffic and RV spot stress. Whipping a Prius thru traffic is way way better then an RV.

2012 FR Stealth 2714 Toyhauler.
2017 Ford F 250, 4x4, Super Cab, 8' bed, 6.2 gas motor.
Various Desert Toys including a Rzr XP Turbo.
ADVtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:46 PM   #44
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVtraveller View Post
Whipping a Prius thru traffic is way way better then an RV.
Yeah...but the driving the Prius might get you beat up by the pickup and large SUV drivers!

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:55 PM   #45

Sounds like a great trip! I’m sure you’ve heard about the wildfires currently blazing in both northern and Southern California. Make sure you double check those reservations before heading out. Also check your route as Southern California is also prone to mudslides in the winter.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, campground, mpg