Old 01-17-2015, 06:36 PM   #21

That park is pretty popular during the summer and July is about the best time, unless you want a camp spot. I can't say for sure but you are taking a gamble for sure.

Another option to consider is Wenberg County Park (used to be state). They are also on Reservation America. When I checked availability using July 9 assuming 30' then 24', I could not find a spot but looking at the campground map it appeared that they had spots large enough for your unit. It is located about half way between Stanwood and Marysville. We used to picnic there often. I think the last time i actually camped there was 1968.

You could possibly make a backup reservation there and if you get into Camano, cancel it (you would loose the reservation fee for sure and possibly a night's camping fee depending on their policy for late cancellations).

There is another state park on Camano Island called Cama Beach. It has cabins but it doesn't look like it has a campground.

Safe Travels,

Dave

Old 01-17-2015, 08:26 PM   #22

Dave, thanks for all the help. Camano SP was the only place where we could not secure reservations. I was hoping that midweek would work, but I will have a backup. Any nice RV parks in the area? Sometimes their cancellation polices are not as steep as the state parks.

Safe travels.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:02 PM   #23

I looked at Allstays and there are several private parks in the area of Lake Goodwin (where Weber is located) and a another county park at Kayak Point that has pull throughs. My knowledge of these parks is close to zero except that they are old parks. No idea if they have been updated.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:38 PM   #24
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcat View Post
Dave, thanks for all the help. Camano SP was the only place where we could not secure reservations. I was hoping that midweek would work, but I will have a backup. Any nice RV parks in the area? Sometimes their cancellation polices are not as steep as the state parks.

Safe travels.
no RV parks on Camano. i second Wenberg. have stayed there and it's not far from Camano.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:53 PM   #25

We also love Hudson Pt. But don't park by the fog horn if there is ANY chance of fog. (Ask me how I know.) The sites themselves are so-so, but you are right by the beach and you can walk into Port Townsend. also the restaurant, T's, is right there and very good. If you have transportation (a toad) Staying at the state park (Fort Worden) is excellent. Fort Flagler on Marrowstone Island is also very nice, but a longer drive into P.T.
2015 31 nights
PNWTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
wow I am going to plan a trip there pretty soon, I have not been there since the mid 70's when I was stationed there, I still have some old buddies that I was in the Navy with that still live on the island, wow I really want the wife to see the view from the pass, this thread really makes me want to get up there, well maybe when I get the new MH I will start planning my trip, want to stop first in hermiston, oregon to see a old navy pal of mine I have not seen in 10 years or so, then a little stop in enumclaw, wash. to see another old pal, then up to the pass,, brings back a lot of good memories

thanks for the thread, gives me ideas
If you still have base privileges, Cliffside RV Park at Whidbey Island Naval Air Station is a very nice campground. I have not camped there, but made a pit-stop after my last trip to the San Juan Islands to check it out. Have reservations during September for 2 weeks. Looking forward to it...

MSgt. USMC (Retired)
Old 04-18-2015, 11:13 AM   #27

sounds great, but no I don't have base privileges, when I go I have a old friend that said while I go to the base open house I can park my MH there, other wise I will look for a camp ground some where on the island

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccorrie View Post
If you still have base privileges, Cliffside RV Park at Whidbey Island Naval Air Station is a very nice campground. I have not camped there, but made a pit-stop after my last trip to the San Juan Islands to check it out. Have reservations during September for 2 weeks. Looking forward to it...

MSgt. USMC (Retired)

hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
washington