Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2015, 11:16 PM   #21
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Also, I-90 between Montana and Idaho has road construction (long stretch) and narrow lane (1). I-90 thru Spokane to Ritzville, then 395 south to I-84 west takes you along the Columbia River into Portland. Then's there a couple different ways to get to the coast hwy.-101.....almost all the way on 101, you'll be able to see the ocean....lots of small towns, fuels not a problem....truck/human....real pretty stuff! Think 101 ends at San Francisco.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 03:34 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Think 101 ends at San Francisco.
NOPE! goes all the way to L.A.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:37 AM   #23
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Your right....should have looked at 2nd page of Atlas.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:25 AM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Joan View Post
Any reccomendations for the north side of the Twin Cities?
Sorry, I just go to visit the daughter on the south side.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:45 AM   #25
smc

Along the Columbia River gorge (I-84) Vista house and Multnoma Falls would be great stops. Silver Falls state park (20 miles E of Salem) and Crater Lake National Park are both beautiful. Silver Falls has a nice campground and great hiking and biking trails. Along 101, there are the Oregon Coast aquarium and the Hatfield Marine Science Center. Both of these are in Newport. South Beach and Beverly Beach state parks are in the Newport area, S. Beach just south of the aquariums, Beverly Beach is ~20 or so miles north. The state park campgrounds fill up fast, I second the suggestion to reserve early.

I also agree that you have a very aggressive schedule and are not going to have time to do much more than drive by many of the "must see" things.

Now a Class A sob.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:01 AM   #26

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
I forgot all about Crater Lake National Park,,,,a must see.....just like Vista House and Multnomah Falls on Columbia River Gorge. You can picnic at the base of the falls. Very romantic if you want to score points with your wife.
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:02 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

While we want to see as much as possible, I think we will pick from the list and make major destinations our main goal and maybe travel out from there. Have no problem driving long hours or overnight between stops. Right now, 2-3 weeks is about as long as we can be gone at one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:12 PM   #28

I'll add another vote for Moab. Would recommend the UT grand tour...
Zion, Bryce, Capital Reef, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. All in the southern part of UT from west to east.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:45 PM   #29

History buff?

Oregon Trail?

Stop in Baker City, OR. and check out the interpretive center.

Lewis And Clark is the Seaside/Astoria, OR. area.

There is so much to see and do you could make another trip out of just looking at the things along the way.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...koFAR9jBL0OJWg

Atomic City.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:12 PM   #30

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
Aquaman,,,,,you should see EVERYTHING we posted on this thread. All ya gotta do is drive 55 miles an hour through each park, stop for five minutes to pee and take ONE picture. C'mon, Aquaman,,,,you can do it!!!
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:22 PM   #31

The first question that i would ask is "are you going for the trip, or the destination."

I vote for Glacier NP in NW Montana. We stay there for a week at a time and that is not quite enough time for us.

The biggest down side is that with your time line is short.
Jim n Shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:16 PM   #32

Definitely do not miss the Red Lodge MT area ,Beartooth Mtn, 65 miles from Yellowstone NE entrance.......55 miles south of Billings MT and 60 miles north of Cody WY-----------Cody is a great area also, 55 miles from Yellowstone east entrance
2012 40' Sanibel
Speed limit 65 , Fords & Chevys , do your best
47chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:27 PM   #33

I see that you have a 2 or 3 week timeline for this trip... I doubt you can drive to and from the rockies from OHIO and see and do everything that you would WANT to do in that amount of time... you could spend a week or two easy just in Wyoming, or another week or two in CO or Utah... spend time in National Forest campgrounds where you will be able to find a campsite if you check in before 2 or 3PM and avoid the crowded National Park campgrounds

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:12 AM   #34
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47chevy View Post
Definitely do not miss the Red Lodge MT area ,Beartooth Mtn, 65 miles from Yellowstone NE entrance.......55 miles south of Billings MT and 60 miles north of Cody WY-----------Cody is a great area also, 55 miles from Yellowstone east entrance
I know that area well, have an Uncle that lives in Cooke City, MT. Have driven, hiked, & snowmobiled on the Beartooth/Chief Joseph hwys. Spent time in Cody and Red Lodge.

Our main goal is see several of the main attractions along our trip. We are routing the trip based all of your recommendations and picking the highlights from your suggestions. We know we can't see it all, unfortunately, but our time is restricted to just a couple weeks or so. We also aren't going to tie ourselves down to a strict schedule. If we enjoy a place, we may stay longer and skip something down the road. There's always that "next trip". Again, thanks for all the suggestions, and keep them coming, especially the places to stay.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location, ohio