Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #41

I am loving all of these pictures of Yellowstone. When we bought our first Class C in 2003 , our first big trip was to Yellowstone we camped in the park for two weeks, loved it so much, but, have not gone back. This year we have bought a new Sunseeker 3050 and thinking I would love to go back and then up to Glacier. Thanks a lot for the pictures .
Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Well I thought I'd give this a try. I put together some edited video clips of three geysers in Yellowstone NP, Grand Geyser, Riverside Geyser, and Old Faithful. I'm not sure if the mp4 video file will display or not.
Sure they don't display on my iPad. :-(
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #43

On my Droid I wouldn't even know there is a video imbedded in the message post. The videos do seem to work when I log on with my Windows based computer.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #44

Oakman, you mentioned staying in Bridge Bay previously; I just made a reservation to camp there next summer but will be over the 40' maximum combined length for my TV and TT by a couple of feet. Did you have room to park alongside your 5th wheel? I'm also thinking with the right site I can really back in until the wheels hit the back of the pad and not be centered front to back as usual. How strict are they for size? I've never heard of anyone measuring, but you never know!
Indy Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
We went two years ago and I am so wanting to go back. As we had only a few days in Yellowstone, we could only hit the high points and were not able to do some of the hiking trails. We had only two weeks to travel from Maryland, see the Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone and Grand Teton and then get back. What a trip - and some 800 pictures to sort through...... One of my favorites - a blue bird at the nest (both adults were there). Buffalo "stampede" - we had them on both sides of the car - (well the ranger got them moving along as they were really poking along at first)

Sorry, the biologist in me is coming out, that is a Tree Swallow, not a Western Bluebird......awesome pictures though, wish I was there!!
Marshmstr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #46

I was not sure what the bird was, just a lot of blue color therefore a blue bird. So now I can fix the title of the pic. :-)

(I do love learning - so appreciate true name)
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Steve View Post
Oakman, you mentioned staying in Bridge Bay previously; I just made a reservation to camp there next summer but will be over the 40' maximum combined length for my TV and TT by a couple of feet. Did you have room to park alongside your 5th wheel? I'm also thinking with the right site I can really back in until the wheels hit the back of the pad and not be centered front to back as usual. How strict are they for size? I've never heard of anyone measuring, but you never know!
Usually they ask how long your RV is when booking a site so you should be alright. The site I was given was a back-in and was extra wide so my truck could be park alongside.

No, They're not going to measure your rig. Be aware though, Some of the sites can be very challenging to get into, but that applies to all the campgrounds in the NP. As I recall there were a number of pull through sites in that campground, hopefully you'll get one of those. You're booking your trip early enough that you'll will probably be given one of the better sites at Bridge Bay.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 10-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #48

Yellowstone Late Sept 2013

f150k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #49

Yellowstone Grizzly

Old 10-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #50

Yellowstone Landscape

Old 10-18-2013, 05:14 AM   #51

That's an outstanding series of photos f150k, thank you for sharing them with us. I especially like the bear photos.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788