Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2017, 10:05 AM   #1

Phoenix area help

We will be traveling north on I-10 and I-17 thru Phoenix. Any campground recommendations for this area and also things to do in the Phoenix area. Thank you
ksams1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksams1 View Post
We will be traveling north on I-10 and I-17 thru Phoenix. Any campground recommendations for this area and also things to do in the Phoenix area. Thank you
I don't know about campgrounds, but any google search should be able to answer that. We visited my brother a few years ago and went to the music museum. It was great! We spent at least four hours there. There is also a glass art museum that I cannot recall the name of. I have not been there, but my parents and brother have. Downtown is nice and there are football, hockey, baseball, and other sports, as well as concerts. North west of Phoenix is the Verde Canyon Railroad. That was a great trip. We also spent two days at the south rim of the Grand Canyon, about three hours north. I am sure Phoenix has visitor information available on the web and through the mail. I look forward to returning to the area in the future.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:45 PM   #3

what do you want? if full service look up rv resorts in mesa, az. there are probably to of them and this is the off season so the prices won't be bad. if you go up I-17 a bit there are a couple of places around black canyon city. a bit further there are a couple rv resorts in camp verde. a bit further look at Sedona. there are state camp founds all around. you didn't say when. if during the summer it will be hot. if you want to cool down do what all the people in phoenix do and come up to the mogollon rim area. there is a steady stream of rv's of all types coming up. many. many state campgounds.