Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2011, 09:31 AM   #1

route 34 colorado

can you pull a 30 foot travel trailer on route 34 in colorado from granby to estes park? any size restrictions.
campfirefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:09 PM   #2

I don't think there are any once it is open. It may not open until the second week of June this year due to the large amount of snow they have to clear away. It is very steep and there are some very sharp switch backs but I've seen folks do it.
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #3

Yep...you can.
I've pulled my 34' over many times. A few sharp corners, but not to bad.
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #4

Don't know where you live Campfirefun, but the altitude on that road can be bothersome for some people, causing lightheadedness. Last thing I saw about the road a week or so ago was a bobcat trying to get through 23 feet of snow.

Don and Laura + Roo
Chesapeake, VA
VAlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #5

Michigan is were we are coming from- We will be visiting Fraser for a family get together and traveling to Glacier Basin campground for a few days after the weekend thought it would be cool to go into RMNP using 34 as we have never gone from that direction in. We will be in CO the last two weeks of June. The person we are visiting said the pass was closed last week for snow still but thought it should be open when we get there. They did say we could have a snowball fight in June with all the snow still, my kids got a kick out of that. My wife have been there before and and snow shoed up to about 13,000 feet. we have not had issue with altitude. We will see about the kids. Lots of water!
campfirefun is offline   Reply With Quote