Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #11
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,616
At Crystal Cove Moro? 3 nights - I picked up late reservations for the 4th & 5th of July after someone cancelled. Then there were an opening for the 3rd at a different site but I went ahead and took it. Even with moving to another site it was worth it to have camp set up early on the holiday. The first site was a bit harder to get into but the second site was pretty easy - seemed bigger too.
__________________

__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
At Crystal Cove Moro? 3 nights - I picked up late reservations for the 4th & 5th of July after someone cancelled. Then there were an opening for the 3rd at a different site but I went ahead and took it. Even with moving to another site it was worth it to have camp set up early on the holiday. The first site was a bit harder to get into but the second site was pretty easy - seemed bigger too.

Very nice. I am trying to get reservation there for just one night
__________________

__________________
tntrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:31 AM   #13
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntrac View Post
Very nice. I am trying to get reservation there for just one night
There is a way to create a "notice" in case an opening occurs but it's first come first serves get it.

I would think the cooler months would be a bit easier but keep checking the site because that's how I got my sites for the 4th of July holiday.
__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
There is a way to create a "notice" in case an opening occurs but it's first come first serves get it.

I would think the cooler months would be a bit easier but keep checking the site because that's how I got my sites for the 4th of July holiday.

I got a reservation for one night there (saturday) ending Oct. Coyote loop 1, site 016. I think its next to the restroom

Terier,

How do you like the Tundra? What is the mpg without towing?

I bought a 2012 tacoma 7 months ago. I had never planned to pull a trailer or else I would have gotten the Tundra 5.7.

I will need to trade up when the all new 2014 Tundra comes out

Right now, I am pulling a 22' trailer about 3900 dry weight.
__________________
tntrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #15
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,616
It is next to the restrooms/showers. I stayed in #17 on the other side of the restrooms/showers and liked it. You might notice more people that I did from site 16. You are also close to the trash bin that are next to site 17. You also don't have to climb stairs when going to the showers. Once other RVs are in their sites the campground has a different look to it.

I will be going to back to site 17 in February for my birthday. And I want to return for the 4th of July hoilday too.

You should like this campground. There's a killer hill to the beach so I recommend driving down. If you walk it I bet that you will only do it once....

My commute to work is mostly through a 25 mph residential area with lots of stop signs. I don't remember what the MPG is for daily driving but guessing - maybe 15-16? Towing I average about 11.5-12. On a trip to Las Vegas (not towing) I was getting 20-21 mpg.
__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
It is next to the restrooms/showers. I stayed in #17 on the other side of the restrooms/showers and liked it. You might notice more people that I did from site 16. You are also close to the trash bin that are next to site 17. You also don't have to climb stairs when going to the showers. Once other RVs are in their sites the campground has a different look to it.

I will be going to back to site 17 in February for my birthday. And I want to return for the 4th of July hoilday too.

You should like this campground. There's a killer hill to the beach so I recommend driving down. If you walk it I bet that you will only do it once....

My commute to work is mostly through a 25 mph residential area with lots of stop signs. I don't remember what the MPG is for daily driving but guessing - maybe 15-16? Towing I average about 11.5-12. On a trip to Las Vegas (not towing) I was getting 20-21 mpg.
I just hope we don't smell the trash bin Is that with a 5.7 or 4.6 tundra?
__________________
tntrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #17
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,616
I couldn't smell the trashcan at all even when tossing out my trash and that was in July. How often the trash is picked up makes a big difference along with good maintenance. The park is new and they do a good job of keeping it nice.

My Tundra has the smaller 4.6 engine.
__________________

__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.