Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2015, 11:11 AM   #1

Spring Training

I'm thinking I'd like to head down AZ way to catch some Spring Training next year. I understand many of the Phoenix area RV parks are probably "well-booked" by now, but would appreciate any/all suggestions on potential places to stay in the Phoenix/Tuscon area during Mar 2016. Suggestions for other "must-do/see" things while in the area for certainly welcome too.

John, Sherry, and Socks the Wonderdog
2016 2401s
Colorado
the1murphman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
Director, FROG

Lazydays RV in Tucson as a beautiful RV park adjacent to it. They used to own it, but sold it to KOA about a year and a half ago. We've had two FROG events there, and they've treated us wonderfully.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:48 PM   #3

We've been out there every year since 2009 for ST, twice with our 5th wheel, and like it so well we've now bought a home. Depending on when you are planning to visit in March you shouldn't have a problem. Particularly later in the month many of the snowbirds are returning north. I guess where you stay somewhat depends on what team you're going to see, but all the stadiums are within an hour of each other. If you don't need sewer, on the east side of Phoenix I'd suggest Lost Dutchman State Park in Apache Junction (site 32 is a beautiful pull thru), Usery Mountain Regional Park in Mesa (our signature pic is from here), or Cave Creek Regional Park in Cave Creek (latter two are county parks). All 3 are beautiful and I think a better experience than the typical snowbird park. On the west side we've only stayed at Leaf Verde RV Resort in Buckeye. It's nice, but is a typical snowbird park. I see you're from Colorado, so I assume you'd like to see the Rockies. They train in Scottsdale (beautiful stadium, probably nicest one out there), so any of the locations on the east side would work, with Cave Creek probably being the closest. Incidentally, the Rockies do regularly sell out, so get your tickets ahead of time. You'll also need reservations at the state and county parks, and it's not too early to make them.

If you let me know your interests and time constraints I'll be happy to suggest some other things to see. Incidentally, While Tucson is nice, there are no longer any teams that train there.

2013 Columbus 320RS
2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn 3500 Dually 6.7 Cummins
Days Camped 2013 - 50
skipperW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:17 PM   #4

I live in Surprise AZ. Texas Rangers and Kansas City Royals play here.
How long are you planning to stay?

If you want to catch many of the teams in the valley would suggest Goodyear campgrounds
or
you can come here in Surprise at the Sunflower RV Park in El Mirage AZ (55 and older)
Cal-Am Resorts -

or if you plan to stay a month and over 55 years old you can rent a space from lot owners at Happy Trails RV Park.
Happy Trails Resort - Home Page
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote