Old 01-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Starting the Year Off Right

The bug got to me and I just had to hitch up and head out. After a little sweet talking, the wife agreed to get away from the city and suburbanite New Years mayhem. We loaded up and headed to the coast with temps of the high 30's day and low-mid 20's night estimated. We rolled in and secured a spot in the state park right next to the playground (kids can care less how cold it is).

The weather warmed up to mid 40's in the daytime and clear. The beach was way too windy to have much fun, but we made due Geocaching and exploring the Cheese Factory!

The trip gave me a chance to go through every little part of the trailer as it was in use. I filled up the handy dry erase board I have hung by the door with lists of items to purchase, mods to do, and things that need refilled. Several things will have to wait until the temps rise, but up for this weekend is a welding project for a new bumper that will support my generator (no more storing it in the doorway!), 2 Jerry Cans of Fuel, and 2 huge Ammo Cans for tools and such (All will be secured with custom lock down systems). I'll post a writeup and pics on the project later. Now I'm off to the metal yard. Happy New Year everyone, see you at the campgrounds.
Tony Z
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote