Old 02-19-2016, 10:01 AM   #11
Another highlight for Cody is the nightly rodeo (not dark yet). Every night during the summer there is a rodeo. Not a big buck rodeo but a rodeo none the less. There is a calf capture contest for the children ( open to all the children that want to be part of it). It's sometimes very funny and lots of fun for the parents. Nice place Cody. At least that's the way I remember it.

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:29 AM   #12
Just A Member
We stayed at Buffalo Bill State park just west of Cody which is on the reservoir. Beautiful scenery and a quick drive back to town. We did the museum tour which was really interesting and the wild west shoot out reenactment in town was cool. Our teen kids liked both.

Ed & Brenda
2015 Coachman Freedom Express
Liberty Edition 297RLDS
2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 6.2L Max Tow
EDABEUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:18 AM   #13
F5moab is falls a full hookup or no? And what town is it closest to?
Firemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:39 PM   #14
I believe some sites may have power; but can't say for sure. I didn't need it, so didn't look to see if some of the sites had power or not. The three axle Raptor in the site next to me I believe had power.
Dubois is about 30 minutes away east of the campground.
Quiet place to camp.
Trailer: Lifted 228BH, heavy duty springs and Yokohama tires
TV: 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 CC, SLT
Spare TV: Two Alaskan Malamutes

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:10 PM   #15
If you decide to stay in Cody,WY there are several RV Parks...they all have good reviews. In no particular order they are the Ponderosa, Absaroka Bay, KOA, Buffalo Bill State Park, and the Yellowstone Valley Inn & RV Park. All are in Cody except the Yellowstone Valley Inn which is much closer to the East Gate of Yellowstone Park. All have good reviews. If you have not been to Cody WY you are missing out on one of the best places to visit during the RV season. The Buffalo Bill Museum is world class and takes two days to go through it (they give you a two day pass.) The Irma Hotel is a place you don't want to miss, they have good food and Buffalo Bill built it over 100 years ago. They have an old west gun fight every night during the season and most visitors love it. They also have a rodeo every night at 8pm 7 days a week. And a whole lot more to see and do. Also, don't miss the free tour of the Buffalo Bill Dam, just a few miles west of Cody on the way to the park. When it was built, it was the highest concrete dam in the U.S. When you walk out on it and look over the side you will see what I am talking about. Hiking, fishing, the drive from Cody to the park is very scenic and enjoyable. We have seen buffalo, big horn sheep, elk, deer and prong horns on our way to the park many times. And yes, we have seen Grizzly Bears too. Go to Google and type in Cody WY and see what comes up If you haven't been here, give it a try. I think you will enjoy it.

Bob Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote