Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2016, 12:24 PM   #21

Leadville camping

Two private campgrounds in Leadville, Leadville RV Corral,Sugar Loafin RV/
Campground, just more options for you!
jamesmi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:33 PM   #22

We love the campgrounds at Turquoise Lake. The bathrooms are nice and clean but their are no campsite hookups. They do have campsites at the waterfront but reservations usually snap these up. We lucked out last year and winged it and a lakeshore campsite had a last minute cancel so we stayed two nights (#14 of Baby Doe). On Sunday mornings, a local group has church/prayer on the beach with a acoustic guitars. Very warm and welcoming group. They call themselves "Church of the Lake" . They have a potluck afterwards but we had to check out so we did not stay for the potluck. Great music and fellowship.

There is a beautiful lake trail that my family hiked and Turquoise is a good lake for fishing as well, but make sure you get a license, because they do check frequently.

We have reserved a spot for Memorial Weekend and are looking forward to it!
Old 05-11-2016, 12:39 PM   #23

Blue River, thanks for the information. I went white water rafting about 40 years ago on the Arkansas River between Canon City and Salida. My sister was working in Aspen and had a friend that owned a whitewater company, great time.
sdistel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:57 PM   #24

Leadville RV Park

Right downtown. Can walk to anywhere. Clean restrooms, easy in and out.
kabowings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdistel View Post
I will be traveling from Vermont with my 22 year old son . He will be driving out with me but will be flying back to Vermont after about 2 weeks on the road with me. One of the places that we will be stopping is Leadville, Colorado and I am looking for suggestions for campgrounds to stay at in the area. We will be traveling in a T@B, very small travel trailer. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions that anyone can give me.
Hey SD,
Been to Leadville many times. Around Turquoise Lake which is just west of Leadville are several really nice spots.
this link: hhttp://www.recreation.gov/unifSearchResults.
Molly Brown and Baby Doe are the best.
There is also a commercial spot called Sugar loafin, Just below the lake(camping camp grounds Leadville, Colorado Sugar Loafin Campground). We don't do commercial spots but if you do you may like it.

Have fun.
ornery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:55 PM   #26
jkoenig24

I expect at least one of you has a smart phone. Get the "All Stays Camp & RV" App. It's available for both iOS and Android. I paid $6.99 years ago; it might be more expensive now but, even at $9.99, it's WELL worth it. Buy and download it before hand so you can open it and start learning all the features it has. If you buy the iOS version, it can be installed on ALL the iOS devices you own.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:01 AM   #27

freecampsites.net will find you many great off the beaten path spots to camp. Fellow traveler's reviews and tips are also helpful. If you google a location/Rv campgrounds, on the google page you will often find "rv park reviews" another great resource along with tips for the location.
Hiker12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel