Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2014, 08:23 AM   #21

Some great places to visit; and yes, UT has some great state parks. However, I found that in Petrified Forest (which I will admit is the only state park I have ever camped in) they pack you in tighter than a sardine can; at least during Memorial Day when I was there.

The big draw to the area is either GSESM or the reservoir that appeared to have some good size fish.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #22

f5 is a great source for info around the Moab area. Have you considered any of the other areas associated with the "Grand Circle" that are close? Have you considered Bryce Canyon NP or Zion or North Rim Grand Canyon?
Also, if you are going to be in the Blanding area there are some very unique indian ruins on Cedar Mesa.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0690.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	49064  
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #23

Got it nailed down, we are booked for Blanding - Moab area with six day trips from there, one day in Escalante and 3 days in Zion, then we have to be in Bullhead City, AZ for the weekend so that will wrap up this trip.
Thank you all for youre replies and interest.
Wanderer

2009- 42 days; 2010-40 days, 2011- 40 days. 2012- 30 days,
2013- 14 days, 2014- 21 days, 2015- 42 days
2016-17 days, 2017-zero days
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #24

Where ever you go, just make sure to not let your dogs run loose....we do have some large cats....

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:00 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
f5 is a great source for info around the Moab area. Have you considered any of the other areas associated with the "Grand Circle" that are close? Have you considered Bryce Canyon NP or Zion or North Rim Grand Canyon?
Also, if you are going to be in the Blanding area there are some very unique indian ruins on Cedar Mesa.
Hello and thanks for suggestions, we have been to Bryce and to Zion numerous times, in fact this trip will find us in Zion after the "Grand Circle' area tours.
Will definitely try to see Cedar Mesa.
Thanks again,
Wanderer

2009- 42 days; 2010-40 days, 2011- 40 days. 2012- 30 days,
2013- 14 days, 2014- 21 days, 2015- 42 days
2016-17 days, 2017-zero days
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:18 PM   #26

We'll be in the Moab area in May, as well as the Monument Valley area. First trip in our new Rockwood 8280WS. Cedar Mesa looks interesting, may have to visit that one.

What's your favorite restaurant in Moab, F5?
Red Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:26 PM   #27
Love My Sunseeker

Moab? Be careful of winds! It can get very windy in Moab. RV's don't do well in that wind. I had to stop for three hours for a wind. But Moab is beautiful!

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:56 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
What's your favorite restaurant in Moab?
While not answering as the intended, I would like to offer the Moab Diner!!

Smothered Sweetwaters Chili Cheese fries are awesome!!

There was also a pretty good BBQ called "The Blue Pig".

We will be back in early June and then in the fall at least 4 times. Pretty fantastic area down there!
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #29

Favorite restaurants....
For burgers it would be Milts on 400 and Sand Flats Road Milt’s Stop & Eat - Burgers, Shakes, Fries & more and read the article on one of the owners, Danelle Ballengee. Let's you know how dangerous this area can be at times.

Best all you can eat pizza, salad bar and soup is Zaks. On Main street at 100 South. Plenty of parking behind the restaurant where 100S curves north and becomes 100 W.

Best sit down restaurant is probably Bucks or Sunset Grill, north side of Moab. But both are rather expensive. Jeffrey's steak house seems to be ok (never ate there), Jeffrey's is on 100W

Breakfast is probably Moab Diner, but better, in my opinion, is good old Denny's on the north side of town.

Just remember, this is very subjective and you can get a great meal one day and a terrible mean the next.

As for wind in Moab. Yes, Utah can have some windy days; in fact we are scheduled to have one today. But mostly in the early spring months where the weather keeps changing from warn to cold and back again. Today's is caused by a cold front moving in. It's 60 degrees and 7:20AM right now. Tomorrow at the same time it will probably be around 40 degrees.

However, we do not have a large number of windy days, it's just like most other places, and since on the hwys like 191 there are no trees to shield you from the wind, just open lands on both sides.

The winds I encountered in TN were a heck of a lot more damaging than any windstorm I have experienced here. But we do on occasion have "mud rain." The wind can whip up enough sand in the air that if it rains, it literally rains mud.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #30

I know Utah is big, but there is some grand trout fishing in some parts. Still time to get some great fishing in.
L'il Red Wagon 6.5 bed
bobby75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #31

If you are asking about trout fishing in UT; I have to pass. Only fishing I would ever do is with a hand grenade and a net.
But I think there is some in northern UT, but not around here. At least I have never met anyone who fishes in this area...
(Howell MI; I used to live in Rochester Hills, Addision Twp and a few other places.)

Tags
utah