Old 04-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #21

Actually no one who has posted has tried to stay at a hotel in town - all I have gotten pretty much was "oh don't try it" which really doesn't help at all.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #22

I asked my wife. She has done it with a 24' class C, many years ago (early 90s, I think). They even drove it to China town and paid for two spots. Sorry, too long ago for her to remember exactly where they stayed except that it had outside balconies and the MH had a dent in the roof when they left.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #23

Thanks - wife's cousin told us to stay at or go to Lombard street that it was good for hotels in that area. Haven't heard of it but will try it out I suppose - if nothing works out then we may head out of town and try some ideas from here . We're going a little earlier now next few weeks - since cousin is only person we actually know and he's family going to go with his recommendations and head for Lombard.

Thanks again for all ideas folks!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #24

Lombard street is a main route to downtown from the Golden Gate Bridge. I wish you luck finding accommodations which include parking for your MH. ��
Old 04-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #25

You can lead a horse to water, but.......
Best of luck on your adventure, been there and no way would I drive or tow an RV anywhere near Lombard St. We stayed in NAPA and took the ferry across to San Fran and enjoyed a great day without the worries of driving or parking. Let us know how it goes...
Old 04-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 911 View Post
Lombard street is a main route to downtown from the Golden Gate Bridge. I wish you luck finding accommodations which include parking for your MH. ��

Yes - that's what he said - he said if we drove along it we would end up in a nice area with hotels and nice houses etc and to make sure we took pictures. Really looking forward to the trip now. Very excited!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:09 AM   #27

We have stayed in San Francisco many times over the years, Most of the time we rode our motorcycles and finding some where to park was not a problem, (well except for the security issues). What I do know is most of the hotels have parking garages. Those with open parking the spaces are tight. I sat and thought about it for a while and I just can't think of a hotel or motel with a large open parking area. I could only think of the parking lots down by Fishermans Warf that a rv could park in and then walk or take a cab to a hotel.

I will make a call to a friend on S.F.P.D and ask him if he has any suggestions. If I come up with something I will PM you the information. San Francisco is a fun place to visit,

Nights Camped 2012 (7) 2013 (33) 2014 (27) 2015 (34) 2016 (4)
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #28

Great thank you !!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #29

I use to live in the area, your best bet to find open street level parking at a motel would be off of Van Ness Ave, that would put you near the golden gate bridge area. You can also try the San Bruno area by the airport a lot of the older motels in that area. Your best bet would be the Golden Gate Rec. You can call the chamber of commerce, who could advise you the best places for what you want to do. People do this all the time. Driving is no problem in SF with your MH. Granted their is a lot of traffic but you would not have a problem. If you go north and cross the GGB, on 101 you will find all kinds of motels that would have accommodation for you and your MH. Enjoy yourself most of all it has to be one of the best city's around
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #30

Awesome!!