Old 04-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #31

Op several suggestions have been given and none of them included parking in the City. They are trying to help you. Of all the RV parks listed non are really that close to SF except for San Francisco RV Resort | Park your RV on the Cliffs overlooking the Pacific Coastline | Pacifica, California

I use to work in this town but can't say anything about the RV park except looks good on the website. If you have your heart set on staying in the city, buy one of the big metal hasp for a padlock on your door and a big chain where you can chain the Sunseeker to a tree..

Old 04-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
Op several suggestions have been given and none of them included parking in the City. They are trying to help you. Of all the RV parks listed non are really that close to SF except for San Francisco RV Resort | Park your RV on the Cliffs overlooking the Pacific Coastline | Pacifica, California

I use to work in this town but can't say anything about the RV park except looks good on the website. If you have your heart set on staying in the city, buy one of the big metal hasp for a padlock on your door and a big chain where you can chain the Sunseeker to a tree..

What are you talking about? Several people have suggested where to stay that will fit the bill and have offered help... I think you need to read more carefully - and for the umpteenth time we are NOT going to stay at an Rv park. Holy moly!

Old 04-13-2013, 02:10 AM   #33

Ok, I will work with that...let us know how the trip went....
Old 04-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #34
Incheon, S. Korea

Thanks! With eight people, $45 is a bargain!
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:44 AM   #35

An update - first of all my wife and I are so glad we ignored all of the numerous negative replies in this topic warning us to " just stay away" from San Francisco. All of you who said those things did a real disservice to the people who read the site.

We stayed at the San Francisco RV resort. Its a clean, good Sam approved park just outside San Fran in Pacifica. Very clean. On the ocean. Good facilities and EXTREMELY organized. Upon arrival we were given a kit with maps and every piece of info an rver would want to know. Where to park. Detailed point by point instructions on how to get to tourist areas via different methods. Shops. Food . It was a pleasure and they did a fantastic job of laying it all out for you. Other than one rude parking attendant at the pier it was pretty much perfect. When we get home I will figure out how to scan their info from their kit so anyone else wanting to go to Sab Fran can benefit from our experience.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:57 AM   #36

Glad you had a good trip and a lot of fun
Old 05-19-2013, 02:37 AM   #37

If I remember right several of us recommended the park in Pacifica. You did not want to stay at a RV park but wanted to park in SF with your RV and park in a motel parking lot.

As a former retired LEO from that area, you are lucky you were not panhandled, pick pocketed or assaulted in some other manner.

Glad you had a good time. It's a beautiful area if they could just get rid of all the shady characters..
Old 05-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Scofield View Post

We stayed at the San Francisco RV resort.
yes
it seems that I posted San Francisco RV resort information web site
in one of the first post in this thread
Old 05-19-2013, 03:58 AM   #39
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Scofield View Post
First Quote:"I mean a hotel or motel that has Rv parking in it - would stay in the hotel for that nite and walk around the city - not an rv park"
Second Quote:" I think you need to read more carefully - and for the umpteenth time we are NOT going to stay at an Rv park. Holy moly!
Third Quote:"With or without input (or approval. Sheesh!) we will find a days inn or a motel 6 with parking - stay a few nights and ride the trolleys. Again - have absolutely NO interest in an Rv park or near San Fran."
Fourth Quote:"Thanks for the responses - hoping to find a hotel with a big surface parking lot right in city"
this is what the OP said and yes, many suggested the SF RV Resort in Pacifica but the OP was adamant that he didn't want a RV park but wanted a hotel or motel parking lot in the City.

to the OP, i think you should be apologizing to many who tried to help, especially since you ended up staying at a RV park(after getting mad at those who suggested SF RV Park), instead of the hotel/motel parking lot you were looking for and no one could suggest any such place.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #40
Incheon, S. Korea

Glad to hear the SF RV park is good. It's where we are going to stay.

Bikendan - I thought the OP wanted a hotel, too. LOL

BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote