Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2016, 09:28 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I think Walmart should ban overnight camping in there parking lots. You can't afford to stay at a campground you can't afford to travel. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
This guy is right, lets ban iPhones too.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrun View Post
What makes you say that? To me it's a win-win. Free camping, and I usually reciprocate by buying several items from them.
Clearly his iPhone facilitated it, as to why, maybe somebody owns a campground!
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
In the summer it's just to hot to sleep without A/C and besides its the journey that matters to me. I have as much fun on the trip as I do when I get to my destination. I feel more safe in a campground than spending the night in a Walmart parking lot. I dry camp some just not at Walmart

that should be a false sense of security. your no safer in a campground then most wal-marts . i would not stay at a wal mart in say east st. louis
but most are fine . i try not to head across country till the weather cools
also Ruger is always with me
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:37 AM   #84
(Dry Huunday)

Wouldn't it be a lot better just to ban Wal Marts????

Wait.....can't ...we would miss out on all the "people of WalMart" videos if we did that!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:54 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
This guy is right, lets ban iPhones too.
Now that I could get on board with
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:57 PM   #86

Is it really the folks who overnight (or over-a-few-nights) really going to ruin it for everyone else? Or is it the complainers who will ruin it for all.

How is someone, on the far end of the parking lot, with slides out, table set up, playing horseshoes or what ever they are doing bothering me. That is between them and the manager. If the manager doesn't approve, he can kick them out. I still have a place to park next to the store, and most likely, so do the locals. The complaints is what triggers the local municipalities to enact such ordinances that bans over night parking.

Do we know if the multi-night campers have or have not ask the store for permission? Probably not. Let's just worry about things that directly effect us.

I prefer not driving in traffic. It is not that I can't, I just prefer not to if it can be avoided. I try to adjust my departure time to arrive within 1 hour of my final destination around 3 or 4 AM. I then find a Wal-Mart, ask for the on duty manager while making my purchase to see if I can rest for a few hours. I then procede to my final destination.

I would hate to have to try and park at a campsite at 3 AM because people can not mind there own business. I guess I will have to break out my 3 million candle power spotlight so I have sufficient amount of light to park. Maybe I will be lucky and the neighbor will have a fire burning to help light the way. Nah, never mind, he probably doesn't like the smell of smoke either.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:17 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarper14 View Post
Is it really the folks who overnight (or over-a-few-nights) really going to ruin it for everyone else? Or is it the complainers who will ruin it for all.

How is someone, on the far end of the parking lot, with slides out, table set up, playing horseshoes or what ever they are doing bothering me.
Tell me you are joking? How long do you think Walmart shoppers or management is going to put up with a gypsy commune parked in their lot. It's the appearance, not whether it's physically bothering someone. Common sense, be respectful and grateful for Walmart's generosity by keeping a lot profile.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:09 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
Tell me you are joking? How long do you think Walmart shoppers or management is going to put up with a gypsy commune parked in their lot. It's the appearance, not whether it's physically bothering someone. Common sense, be respectful and grateful for Walmart's generosity by keeping a lot profile.
Then let Wal-Mart management deal with it. The local government, and myself, has better things to worry about than peaceful gypsy commune.

As far as appearances, they have a lot more than the outside to improve. If I can ignore the inside shoppers, I can certainly ignore what is outside.

This is an image Wal-Mart has considered appropriate for years.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:54 AM   #89

When I talk to a manager at Walmart and I have seen the parking lot with campers I always ask what's the overnight rate for camping

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:18 AM   #90

While on my Alaska journey I talked to some people who had camped at the WalMart in Whitehorse, YT and they told me the locals would cruise through at 3am with their stereos blasting and rapping their loud exhaust.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:02 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarper14 View Post
Then let Wal-Mart management deal with it. The local government, and myself, has better things to worry about than peaceful gypsy commune.

As far as appearances, they have a lot more than the outside to improve. If I can ignore the inside shoppers, I can certainly ignore what is outside.

This is an image Wal-Mart has considered appropriate for years.

They are;

"So, what turned out to be a wonderful perk offered by Walmart to RV owners everywhere, will come to an end because some idiots opt to use Walmart as a campground, rather than as a safe place to park an RV for a few hours to catch some sleep before restocking supplies and continuing their journeys.
Nope, some RVers have to extend the slideouts, turn on the generator, pull out the awning, fire up the barbecue grill, lay down the patio mats and sit around in their chairs watching TV for days complaining about how much campgrounds cost."
Old 08-17-2016, 11:51 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
They are;

"So, what turned out to be a wonderful perk offered by Walmart to RV owners everywhere, will come to an end because some idiots opt to use Walmart as a campground, rather than as a safe place to park an RV for a few hours to catch some sleep before restocking supplies and continuing their journeys.

Nope, some RVers have to extend the slideouts, turn on the generator, pull out the awning, fire up the barbecue grill, lay down the patio mats and sit around in their chairs watching TV for days complaining about how much campgrounds cost."

X2
I have ran to late on the road before and stopped at a rest area for few hours and I can see the same thing at a local Walmart. To stay a few hours and move on there is nothing wrong with that. I don't pack anything to protect me so I stay in campgrounds. But to each his own. It's fun camping

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, utah