Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2016, 03:16 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Justice12t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Western, NY
Posts: 241
So I just found this buried on the xanterra booking website. I had to click on "more information" several times under different links and I only found this for Fishing Bridge...Looks like I need to call someone back...

When calling to make a reservation be prepared to give the combined length of your RV and any other vehicles or towed vehicles. (e.g. the length of your truck in addition to the length of your trailer when fully open.)
• Fishing Bridge RV sites will accommodate a towing unit and a towed unit side-by-side. For example, a 35-foot site would accommodate an 18-foot truck and a 35-foot trailer (unhooked) side-by-side in the site. Adjust for slide outs.
• Rates are per night and do not include taxes and utility fee.
• Rates include two showers per night. Rates do not include taxes and utility fee. Rates and dates are subject to change. Interagency Access and Senior Pass discounts are not available at Fishing Bridge RV Park...

Figured it might be worth sharing for anyone looking to book there or had the same issue I was running into...
__________________

__________________
2016 Prime Time Crusader 294RLT

2016 Days Camped - 31
2017 Camping Blues - ...
Justice12t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 05:40 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
dmdomokos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice12t View Post
So I just found this buried on the xanterra booking website. I had to click on "more information" several times under different links and I only found this for Fishing Bridge...Looks like I need to call someone back...

When calling to make a reservation be prepared to give the combined length of your RV and any other vehicles or towed vehicles. (e.g. the length of your truck in addition to the length of your trailer when fully open.)
• Fishing Bridge RV sites will accommodate a towing unit and a towed unit side-by-side. For example, a 35-foot site would accommodate an 18-foot truck and a 35-foot trailer (unhooked) side-by-side in the site. Adjust for slide outs.
• Rates are per night and do not include taxes and utility fee.
• Rates include two showers per night. Rates do not include taxes and utility fee. Rates and dates are subject to change. Interagency Access and Senior Pass discounts are not available at Fishing Bridge RV Park...

Figured it might be worth sharing for anyone looking to book there or had the same issue I was running into...
I wonder if that applies to Canyon Village as well.
__________________

__________________
2016 Rockwood 2702WS
2016 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 4x4 High Country
dmdomokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 05:56 PM   #53
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Cody WY
Posts: 99
Come to Cody WY...lots of parks (make reservations) lots to see and do and Yellowstone is only about an hours drive. I live here and the word is the camp sites in Yellowstone are very tight..Have a good one.
__________________
Bob Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:07 PM   #54
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Cody WY
Posts: 99
I just talked to a friend of mine who works in Yellowstone Park and he says there are some spots at Fishing Bridge that likely can handle 35' rigs plus the truck...but likely would be a little tight.
__________________
Bob Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:15 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
Justice12t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Western, NY
Posts: 241
I think most everyone has mentioned it is tight but possible...throw me some names of places the closer to the park the better...
__________________
2016 Prime Time Crusader 294RLT

2016 Days Camped - 31
2017 Camping Blues - ...
Justice12t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:16 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
Justice12t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Western, NY
Posts: 241
Oh and DM I can check tomorrow about other location but I only remember seeing fishing bridge say that...
__________________
2016 Prime Time Crusader 294RLT

2016 Days Camped - 31
2017 Camping Blues - ...
Justice12t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:49 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
Justice12t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Western, NY
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdomokos View Post
I wonder if that applies to Canyon Village as well.
Looks like it does not...This is all it states...

- Campground sites that will accommodate a maximum combined length of 40-feet or more are limited.
__________________
2016 Prime Time Crusader 294RLT

2016 Days Camped - 31
2017 Camping Blues - ...
Justice12t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:25 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
dmdomokos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice12t View Post
Looks like it does not...This is all it states...

- Campground sites that will accommodate a maximum combined length of 40-feet or more are limited.
So this is what I think is throwing us. When you make a reservation, they want to know the length of your Trailer and TV, hitched together, and if that is too long for the spot, then you can't reserve it. i.e. We have a 32 foot TT (tip to tail) and a Suburban 19 foot long. Hitched together, it's 51'. But as I read all the posts, many describe parking their TV across the way or elsewhere. We reserved a 40' spot, but had to say our combined length was 40' to do it, betting from all the posts, (not just this forum), that we would be good to park a 32' trailer in the 40' spot and park the TV else where, or even next to the trailer as some describe. But it sounds like the rules are all over the place and people have had different experiences in the same campgrounds, so who knows? It's very frustrating.
__________________
2016 Rockwood 2702WS
2016 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 4x4 High Country
dmdomokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:36 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
Justice12t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Western, NY
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdomokos View Post
So this is what I think is throwing us. When you make a reservation, they want to know the length of your Trailer and TV, hitched together, and if that is too long for the spot, then you can't reserve it. i.e. We have a 32 foot TT (tip to tail) and a Suburban 19 foot long. Hitched together, it's 51'. But as I read all the posts, many describe parking their TV across the way or elsewhere. We reserved a 40' spot, but had to say our combined length was 40' to do it, betting from all the posts, (not just this forum), that we would be good to park a 32' trailer in the 40' spot and park the TV else where, or even next to the trailer as some describe. But it sounds like the rules are all over the place and people have had different experiences in the same campgrounds, so who knows? It's very frustrating.
I agree 100% that is why I wanted to get some conversation going to help figure this all out.

So I just spoke with the reservation office. He confirmed that at Fishing Bridge because it is an RV Park/CG that the sites are "double wide" meaning you can park your unit and TV on the same site as long as you booked the correct length site. Now for the other locations/CG most are not "double wide" sites to that is why they want rig length. However you can sometimes fit into a site being slightly longer however at the end of the day the "Ranger/Check in person" can make the ultimate decision and say yes/no...rather not have to deal with that...

So after several pages of posts and a few days I think I finally have a legitimate answer.

Thanks Everyone!
__________________
2016 Prime Time Crusader 294RLT

2016 Days Camped - 31
2017 Camping Blues - ...
Justice12t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:40 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
dmdomokos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice12t View Post
I agree 100% that is why I wanted to get some conversation going to help figure this all out.

So I just spoke with the reservation office. He confirmed that at Fishing Bridge because it is an RV Park/CG that the sites are "double wide" meaning you can park your unit and TV on the same site as long as you booked the correct length site. Now for the other locations/CG most are not "double wide" sites to that is why they want rig length. However you can sometimes fit into a site being slightly longer however at the end of the day the "Ranger/Check in person" can make the ultimate decision and say yes/no...rather not have to deal with that...

So after several pages of posts and a few days I think I finally have a legitimate answer.

Thanks Everyone!
Yes I think that is the answer, but not the solution, at least not for us. We reserved a 2nd spot to put our TV in case we had a problem with the first spot. Reading a comment on this forum suggested that was a no, no, so we will take a tent and have our 19 year old son sleep there if an issue. The frustration with not really knowing could be solved if the campgrounds would be more specific on what can REALLY fit in a site. Say it's a single or double, or you can put your TV next to your TT or not. The way it is now, it's a guessing game. We are not new to camping but new to camping with a trailer and never really noticed this issue until we got the trailer. It seems from all the comments, the real solution is "live and learn". Go some place, note the spots that work, learn from your experience. Just a tough lesson to learn if you drive 1000 miles only to be turned away.
__________________

__________________
2016 Rockwood 2702WS
2016 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 4x4 High Country
dmdomokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camping

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.