Old 01-20-2016, 08:05 AM   #11
Public Property/Natural and Cultural Features
The possession, injury, destruction, removal, or disturbance of park property or natural resources, including animals, plants, minerals, cultural, and archaeological objects is prohibited. This includes collecting rocks, cobbles, plants, marine organisms, other natural materials, and historic objects and artifacts.

Will they search a vehicle for a Will they stop you if they see you doing it...most likely. Will you get a ticket? Depends on the ranger.

But thousands of people do it every year!

Laws & Policies - Acadia National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Trailer: Lifted 228BH, heavy duty springs and Yokohama tires
TV: 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 CC, SLT
Spare TV: Two Alaskan Malamutes

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:10 PM   #12
Thanks, I'll watch out for park rangers when I pick up a few rocks

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:35 PM   #13
I Break Everything
We stayed at Fishing Bridge a few years ago. Found it to be pretty nice. Hook ups were new. We really were only at the RV during nights. Yellowstone is pretty awesome. We'll be back. It is a big park, so just consider that if staying outside the park.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS MH
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:39 PM   #14
Stayed in West Yellowstone in 2014 over the fourth of July, weather was great but it was real crowded.

Rustic Wagon Campground is like a mile or so from the west gate.

Fireworks were very nice, got to Ol' Faithfull before the crowd showed up so we got good seats.

Book now!
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:59 PM   #15
I just booked two nights in West Yellowstone (at the KOA, because we will have two 16 year old boys with us that will like the amenities, two nights at Fishing Bridge, and will book two nights in Jackson later tonight. We will be there the third week of July. My biggest issue in the park is that while my motorhome is a shorty at 24.5 feet, we will be towing my Jeep, and combined length put me out of a lot of sites. I can't wait though! I love Yellowsrone, and I've been wanting to go back for several years.
wendylys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:23 PM   #16
If I was only 24ft I would unhook and stay at Canyon or Madison. Me and my fifth wheel is about 2ft to long to stay there but I have stayed there with a shorter fifth wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:28 PM   #17
Send a message via AIM to NoviBill
We are doing Michigan -> Grand Tetons -> Yellowstone -> Glacier -> Michigan over 3 weeks.

We booked Canyon for 3 nights. We will stay on EST and do the high traffic sites in the morning. The nice thing about Canyon is you can do a lot of hiking from the campground, so once the rest of the park gets busy we can relax and hike from the campground.

PM me for exact dates

If you are going to hike off the beaten path (more than 1/2 mile from trail-heads) I would suggest buying bear spray - Counter Assault Bear Deterrent Spray - 10.2 oz. -
Bill & Renee from Novi, Michigan
2006 Lexington 255DS
NoviBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:43 PM   #18
Sorry for the late reply but we stayed at Fishing Bridge inside of the park last year. It was very nice with full hook ups. The one thing I liked is that there is a lot of space between rigs. We set up our trailer and spent four days driving around the area. The stores are within walking distance if you choose to walk. We drove out to the east end of the park and found that the traffic was much less congested with many great look outs. The weather there can change dramatically really fast so be prepared. It actually hailed on us during a warm day!

tosh99 is offline   Reply With Quote