Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #1

07 Georgetown 315;Built like a Cadillac

Today I went in to gas up the beast after which I headed to the Credit Union. I parked out in the street facing away from the direction I planned on heading back. After my business was concluded, I drove into the parking lot of the Credit Union, which has two entry/exits; making a loop so I could easily reverse direction and catch the directional lights on the main drag. As I came in one direction a cowboy in his big dodge pulling a utility trailer, most likely used to haul manure, came in from the other. I stopped an pulled as far to the right as I could to let him get straightened out and pass me on the left. He did a great job. Then from one of the diagonal parking spots on my right, I hear a loud bang. I consulted with the two dogs asking, "What the H.....was that???? I stepped out of the motorhome and standing there was the elder stateman of Colorado drivers. The poor old guy said, "I didn't see you". I said, "Boy, if you ask me it's pretty hard to miss!" After all it was blocking out the sun, the view of the San Juans and Uncompahgres as well as all of downtown Montrose. I remained calm and started looking for the damage. I knew it was going to be horrendous;Nothing not one dent, scratch, paint transfer, nick, gouge or dust bunny dislodged. I couldn't believe my good fortune. Methusela and I shook hands as I breathed my biggest sigh of relief of the day. In parting he said, "Next time I'll look". Thanks for my tank Forest River!!!
RANGERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote