Old 06-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #1

07 Georgetown 373DS Thoughts

Considering a new to us 07 Georgetown 373DS on a Ford 22,000 chassis. Looking to hear feed back on that model, or the 37 foot series. Issues or things to look for. How Forrest River is to work with. Milage, power for towing and general experience with this vintage product or the Ford Chassis its on.

Thanks

Old 06-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #2

I've got the 2007 370XL. It's been excellent. No significant problems and I have pretty much every major upgrade. I tow a ~4000lb Saturn with ease at 75MPH. We literally forget it's back there.

Mileage isn't great for us because we go for speed vs. MPG. So we get about 6.8 - 7 MPG. I'm guessing you could baby it and get up above 8 MPG.

The one issue I spoke to FR about was the removal of a shim in the rear suspension that shouldn't have been there. They removed it without hassle. Paid for everything and I'm the second owner of the rig.

The Ford Chassis is great. I can change my own oil and parts / service facilities are easy to come by since its the same V10 they use in the heavy duty F series trucks.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I have the same year and model as TulsaSteve. Had the shim as well, FR paid for the removal and front end check. We tow a 2004 Grand Am and you hardly know it's back there. I did add air springs to help the rocking from passing trucks. Around 8 MPG is what we get. I'm at Myrtle Beach and traveled the 515 miles from home and averaged just below 8 MPG with the generator running most of the way to run the coach AC unit. FR has been good to work with. I have no complaints with anyone I had to contact. Both Mike Burns and John Armstrong have been great to deal with.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:29 AM   #4

I had a 05 373 and loved it so much I traded up to 2011 357 qs. We optioned for the bunk model so that the kids could sleep comfortably in there own bed. No matter what MH you purchase, there we will be issues with something. There are many different systems put together to make up the MH. If your not handy then purchase a warranty, suggest Good Sams. They are pretty good. The Ford V-10 is a very reliable motor. We flat tow a Ford Ranger 4x4 behind out MH. We got a avg of 8.6 MPH on 500 mile trip, Recently. What makes owning a MH a positive experience is having a dealer that can provide good customer service and is knowledgeable. The dealer I use does not sell MH and make there living servicing MH.
Good Luck
Old 06-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #5

LIke everyone else we love our Georgetown. we have a 2008 378 model and now have 19,000 miles on it. its a good investment. The Ford V-10 is a good engine. We towed a 2007 Saturn all the way out to the west coast from Virginia and had no problems going over the Mts. Economy wise, it get between 7 and 8 mpg towing. Check the front tires for un even ware as some units had to be realigned. Mine was done by the dealer and Forest River paid for it.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #6

Thank you, Searching posts I see mention of the shim and alignment. I take it this shim is between the spring stack and axle and just what are the particulars? Looking thru the forum in seems like there is no mention of Delam on Forrest River products except on a few trailers. Is this a non-issue with the FR's and as Delam can be from water intrution are there any special places that I need to pay attention to? Please keep any feed back coming, maintenance tips, quirks, thinks to watch out for, etc. Extending your knowlege is greatly appreciated and helpful.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #7

With everyone being so happy I went and made my mark on the paper, pick her up next week. Would like a little more detail on the shim. Looked at the rear suspension and did not notice any shims. May have been removed already or was never there. Size, location and problems caused by it, would be helpful to know.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #8

Congrats on your new coach. Hope you have many fun and trouble free trips with it.

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutmeg View Post
With everyone being so happy I went and made my mark on the paper, pick her up next week. Would like a little more detail on the shim. Looked at the rear suspension and did not notice any shims. May have been removed already or was never there. Size, location and problems caused by it, would be helpful to know.
Congrats!

There is a long thread here on the shim with pictures (Listing rig and a curious discovery - Forest River Forums)

Not everyone has it. From what I've gathered, FR thought they were going to have a weight distribution problem and so they installed the shims on a bunch of chassis. Then by the time they used the chassis the weight problem was fixed, but not all the shims were removed.

My rig drives MUCH better without the shim. Much easier to handle in cross winds and such.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:47 PM   #10

Uh, we are maybe buying an 02 32ft Gtown. Where is this shim, how do we tell if we have one and who can remove it?

Tags
georgetown