Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #1

14 Georgetown Problems

Hello everyone this is my first post here. I just purchased my new 2014 Georgetown XL and I would like to list a few of my problems here to see if anyone else has had similar problems.

Among minor problems like LEDs not working and my clips for my blinds breaking on my trip home I've experienced a major problem that is looking more and more like a issue that is going to affect numerous coaches. About two hours into my trip I stopped for fuel and noticed that the door that houses my hot water heater was protruding from the side of the coach. After further inspection I saw that the L brackets that hold the door to the angle line on the chassis on the bottom had been ripped out of the back of the door with some force. The aluminum door was torn from the screws being ripped out and the full weight of the 10 gallon water heater was pushing on the door and making it stick out further and further.

I contacted the dealer I purchased it from and advise me to get it fixed and they would pay the cost. Since it was Saturday evening with Monday being Labor Day it wasn't possible to get fixed at a regular facility so I had to call out a road service. They were able to bandage the problem enough to get me back home to New Orleans. Once I called forest River they made it pretty clear to me that it was an ongoing problem and they even had a fix for it by attaching angle line in various areas of the compartment to secure the water heater.

The main issue is now it is sitting at the Berry Land in Hammond and they said it will take weeks just to look at and then they have to replace the hot water heater door and I'm worried about my paint not matching my graphics. I can go on and on about this but to keep it short if you are looking to purchase a Georgetown a newer model 2013 2014 please pay attention to that door it is in front of the rear wheel on the right side take a look at it and inspect it very good before you pull off the lot which a coach.
ef2080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #2

Also to note I have a problem with no fix as of yet. When I climbed up the ladder to view the top of my coach I could see where the front cap meets the roof there is a very big indention you could even call it a dent. This is letting some water seep inside my coach down my windshield. Forest River says they have not seen this happen before so they are waiting on Berry Land to tell them what is the cause. I am highly concerned as the front Is one piece that is fiberglass with this indention in it. I have no idea how they would even attempt to fix this problem. I will update with the status once I hear back from forest River once the coach is inspected.
ef2080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #3

Wow - very depressing. Keep us posted.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Water heater issue has been posted here several times I believe.
I also believe one if not two members have taken it upon themselves to remedy the problem.
I'm sure they'll be around with insite and repair procedures even tho yours is under warranty.

Welcome to the forum.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef2080 View Post
Hello everyone this is my first post here. I just purchased my new 2014 Georgetown XL and I would like to list a few of my problems here to see if anyone else has had similar problems. Among minor problems like LEDs not working and my clips for my blinds breaking on my trip home I've experienced a major problem that is looking more and more like a issue that is going to affect numerous coaches. About two hours into my trip I stopped for fuel and noticed that the door that houses my hot water heater was protruding from the side of the coach. After further inspection I saw that the L brackets that hold the door to the angle line on the chassis on the bottom had been ripped out of the back of the door with some force. The aluminum door was torn from the screws being ripped out and the full weight of the 10 gallon water heater was pushing on the door and making it stick out further and further. I contacted the dealer I purchased it from and advise me to get it fixed and they would pay the cost. Since it was Saturday evening with Monday being Labor Day it wasn't possible to get fixed at a regular facility so I had to call out a road service. They were able to bandage the problem enough to get me back home to New Orleans. Once I called forest River they made it pretty clear to me that it was an ongoing problem and they even had a fix for it by attaching angle line in various areas of the compartment to secure the water heater. The main issue is now it is sitting at the Berry Land in Hammond and they said it will take weeks just to look at and then they have to replace the hot water heater door and I'm worried about my paint not matching my graphics. I can go on and on about this but to keep it short if you are looking to purchase a Georgetown a newer model 2013 2014 please pay attention to that door it is in front of the rear wheel on the right side take a look at it and inspect it very good before you pull off the lot which a coach.
Here's the reason for the water heater panel issue. See my post below.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...man-21579.html

I guess they still believe that small amount of plastic can handle a full 10 gallon water heater while it moves up and down while traveling. The problem is the support, not the brackets. Best of luck to you and to the Forums. If we can help answer anything else please ask away.

Be Safe and

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote