Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #1

1st REAL trip coming up

The kids are out of school tomorrow (Friday), so we're packing up and outta here! Pulling out Sunday (Father's Day)... my DW asked if I wanted to be spending Father's Day driving and I was like "HECK YEA!!"

This will be our first trip other than the extended weekend up in Door County. We're heading out of WI, hitting Indianapolis, then going south making our way to Atlanta, GA. Different cities along the way... I've attached the agenda.

I the same but separate thread, I posted in the General Forum if anyone had an Itinerary template which they used. I didn't get any hits so I created my own! :-) Feel free to use and modify it! I just think this will be useful when pre-planning. I know for us, when we're traveling, we're trying to figure out what to do while in the city. Now we're starting to be more proactive!

What I've attempted to do with this trip as well is to make the drive from each destination around 5 hours tops. This way the kids nor I get too stir crazy for driving.. we'll be able to pull in to a campgrounds, hit the pool and chill out every night.

Feedback always welcome!
Attached Files
File Type: docx Atlanta2013-June16-29.docx (42.7 KB, 49 views)

https://curban.smugmug.com/Urban-Fami...rgetown-351DSF
ChrisMSNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #2

Have fun and enjoy your first trip.
Iggy
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #3

Sounds great!. If you're into hot rod's and muscle cars check out the Floyd Garrett muscle car museum in Sevierville.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #4

ChrisMNT, enjoy your first REAL trip! We just did a maiden voyage (pics in Canada forum) Been a while since we travelled with children, next step is grandkids. Our first REAL trip with new trailer is coming up next month at Killbear Provincial Park in Ontario. 10 days on Georgian Bay. I hope all goes well for you and your rig performs as you desire!
Norm
Nammy is offline   Reply With Quote