Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2018, 05:24 AM   #1

2002 346ds

Just purchased with 37k on it any pros and cons or things i should look for. Does cold air intake help with anything. My first coach, have been a travel trailer person.
Wally61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:31 PM   #2
2013 GEORGETOWN 351 DS

Many Things to avoid road service, nothing major but things that need to be replaced. If they have records that show it was done great, no records then I would assume it needs to be done. Engine Oil and Filter - - - Coolant Flush - - - All Coolant hoses: Upper & Lower also heater hoses - - - SERP. BELT - - - Air Filter - - - Trans Service. If you are handy or know someone who is these are all very easy DIY items. Also make sure all brake lines do not have any rust on them!!!! If they do have a good shop look them over ASAP, never want to have an issue with your brakes.
2017 Honda Civic
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:22 AM   #3

Wally61 you probably already have but be sure to check the age of the tires. I bought a 325 and found out later that the tires were eight years old. I am a first timer too and never thought about the age of the tires just the tread depth.
Jasper J. 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:30 AM   #4

Thanx for the info. How do you tell age of tires also must be not to many people have this model or there is not to many problems
Wally61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:13 AM   #5

Look on the sidewall of the tire. There will be four numbers assuming the tire was made after 2000. The first two numbers are the week of the year the tire was made, the second two are the year the tire was made. Watch this when you purchase new tires. Some could sit in storage for a year or so and you will not be buying "new" tires.
Jasper J. 44 is offline   Reply With Quote