Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #1

2005 Georgetown XL model 359

Does anyone have any information on this LCI Leveling system....my Jacks are down and I cannot get them up......I think its a breaker...but cannot find one.........The Light that says Jacks not retracted and (ON) are lit and the buzzer is going off.....but cannot get it to raise or lower..I have it plugged in and the batteries show 100%......I have a operators manual on LCI....but its not a control panel like the one on the Motorhome.....any advice

trying to download a picture
Wwaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Here's the narrative on how to locate the breaker from another posting way back when. Sorry I don't have a photo, but if Iggy checks this string, you'll get one.

He has photos of everything!!!!!!!!!!!!

My breaker is a black plastic box about an inch and a half square and about a quarter to a half inch thick. There should be a lever or button protruding from the breaker if its tripped.

The breaker, I'm guessing since I don't have the wiring diagram in front of me, should be on one of the major cables coming off the house batteries. Someone with more education and experience could give you more detail.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Sorry.........for more location info for the actual breaker......

Look under the stairs leading inside, look on the back wall near the battery distribution and connection box. Mine is located to the left. Sometimes the trip indicator is red, sometimes it's black.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #4

here I find some files for the leveling system hope this helps
frank
_Override_leveling_slides.pdf

2.pdf

0295-Adding-Anti-Stiction-Fluid-to-LCI-Hydraulic-Systems_20130813105107[1].pdf
borba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #5

Found the Black Box Breaker

Thanks...............I found the Black Breaker Box ...Flipped the switch and the Jacks are working again......Found it right where you said.

Now: Look at this picture of my LCI Control Pad......It is not like the information manuel that I have with the motorhome.......The Information is a LCI,,,,but different.....and I am not sure I understand the operation of this Pad.......Does anyone else have this pad
Old 03-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #6

Trying to send pictures of pad.....but guess I do not know how
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture of leveling system on Motorhome 001.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	70672  
Old 03-04-2015, 04:42 PM   #7

Yep, Wwaller, I have the same coach you do and have the same jack control panel

The system only allows the movement of all at once or two together..front, rear, left or right. This prevents us from "racking" the chassis and cracking a windshield or messing up something else.

Never run the jacks without auxiliary electrical power. Either plug in or start generator. Some folks say just running the engine is ok since the alternator provides extra juice but, I don't run the jacks unless I have some 120V source.

My procedure is.
Place wooden blocks on the ground where the jacks will touch down.
Extend all until all four jacks touch the blocks.
Then, level front/back and or left/ right as required.

Sometimes a jack will not lower evenly when using extend all and I will use the front/ rear as necessary to get them down.

Remember to level before opening slides.

Let me know if you have other questions

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:23 PM   #8

What Bend said! Always have power to the battery system before attempt leveling or slide outs.

Unless your batteries are perfect, you'll overload and pop that breaker, which is good for about ten "pops".

I carry an extra, only about $25 on eBay.

When I bought my 2005 from All Valley RV in Acton, CA, the breaker was bypassed, but so badly with a loose connection, that I was able to figger it out and fix it.

The unit had never been sold, and was used for two years as a demonstrator to show off Georgetown's super features, i.e: backup alarm, theft alarm, dual pane windows, new big chassis, fiberglass roof, yadda,yadda, yadda.

By the time I got it, most of the bugs were gone.

I LOVE it!
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, modifications