Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #1

2006 Georgetown 373

I just purchased my coach and am trying to hook up a Dish network satellite system. I can locate a Park-Cable connection in the outside storage by the entry door and in the power connection door. In the cabinet above the front passenger seat, there is an RG-6 coax with a satellite tag. Does anyone have any idea where the other end of the cable is located?
capowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by capowers View Post
I just purchased my coach and am trying to hook up a Dish network satellite system. I can locate a Park-Cable connection in the outside storage by the entry door and in the power connection door. In the cabinet above the front passenger seat, there is an RG-6 coax with a satellite tag. Does anyone have any idea where the other end of the cable is located?
The park-cable in the outside storage by the door is for an outside TV. The receiving satellite cable end is found in the power connection door. it is used for cable connection too. The RG-6 coax in the cabinet is the other end. You will have to have a satellite receiver at this point and another cable from the receiver to the TV set. I assume that you are going to use a portable dish outside somewhere. There may be a satellite antenna wire in your roof for a automatic dish antenna setup. There was one in our 2008 Georgetown.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #3

I've heard it said in these forums that the cable with the satellite tag comes out on the roof in a fake vent over the passenger seat. Take the cover off the vent and the cable should be in there.

Pretty handy for putting in a dome type sat system.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:00 AM   #4

I thought I would give an update on what I did. We bypassed the AV switch box and hooked our Dish network receiver directly to the LR TV to set up the external satellite dish on a tri pod stand. After we found the satellites and had the antenna pointed correctly I tried hooking up to the coax connector in the left rear power door. It worked fine. After I knew that the system was working ok, I hooked the AV switch box back up. Thanks for the help.
capowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
I have the Dishnetwork two TV DVR setup in our 378TS. We also have a winegard HD turbo automatic dish. To have an HD picture you have to run an HDMI cable to the no. 1 TV. So I ran the no. 2 TV coax through an A-B switch to the antenna inlet on the AV box switch. On the other inlet to the A-B switch I connected the coax from the antenna signal amplifier. Now I get a clear satellite picture on the bedroom TV and I can switch to antenna if I need to. You can only get HD on the one TV with the HDMI cable with this setup. You'd have to get two receivers to get HD on both TV's. I really like this setup. We have a tripod dish but haven't been carrying it with us as I get a good signal most places we go.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo45 View Post
I have the Dishnetwork two TV DVR setup in our 378TS. We also have a winegard HD turbo automatic dish. To have an HD picture you have to run an HDMI cable to the no. 1 TV. So I ran the no. 2 TV coax through an A-B switch to the antenna inlet on the AV box switch. On the other inlet to the A-B switch I connected the coax from the antenna signal amplifier. Now I get a clear satellite picture on the bedroom TV and I can switch to antenna if I need to. You can only get HD on the one TV with the HDMI cable with this setup. You'd have to get two receivers to get HD on both TV's. I really like this setup. We have a tripod dish but haven't been carrying it with us as I get a good signal most places we go.
I would like to do the same thing. How did you run the HDMI cable from the Dish receiver to the front TV? Where did you place your Dish receiver?
betndavrv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #7

The dish receiver is in the middle compartment above the dash, I had to drill a hole (1-1/2" hole saw) thru the sides of both compartments for the cables to go thru. I needed a 12 ft. HDMI cable (expensive) to get over to the TV that is above the fireplace (378TS). I ran the cable thru the compartments above the dash and then thru the compartment on the passanger side above the window and behind the speaker there and out the bottom of the that compartment thru a hole (1-1/2") I drilled with a hole saw. Then around the slide to the back of the TV. The cable is visible for about a foot as it goes around the slide and I'll have to remember to unplug it from the TV before I put in that slide. I would post a picture but we won't be back to the rig until after xmas.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #8

12ft HDMI cables are $4.76 at monoprice.com, shipping is reasonable too.

Monoprice is amazing. I've ordered hundreds of cables from them (mostly for work) and they've all been great.

For only $3.92 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 12ft 28AWG Standard Speed HDMI Cable w/Ferrite Cores - Black | 28AWG HDMI Male to Male Cables
Old 12-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsutherl View Post
12ft HDMI cables are $4.76 at monoprice.com, shipping is reasonable too.

Monoprice is amazing. I've ordered hundreds of cables from them (mostly for work) and they've all been great.

For only $3.92 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 12ft 28AWG Standard Speed HDMI Cable w/Ferrite Cores - Black | 28AWG HDMI Male to Male Cables
Bought mine at walmart and all they had were the gold ones, of course, and it was 40.00.

Tags
georgetown, satellite, electrical