Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2019, 03:52 PM   #1

2007 Georgetown Radio Replacement

The aftermarket dash radio in my 2007 Georgetown has given up the ghost. Does anybody know what Ford radio works in the mounting frame? Pulls out with the two u shaped Ford Radio tools but unsure of what models used that system for junk yard roaming. Hopeful the connectors / mounting are standard Ford.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:35 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Not sure you MUST use a ford radio.
Do you have a photo of your dash area for the radio.
The radio I have is not marked.....no name brand I guess.
What dimensions is the radio opening?
You may have to fabricate a mounting bracket for whatever you choose.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:09 PM   #3

The part I am not sure of is if the connector / cage is Ford or from the aftermarket radio. Going to pull it this weekend so I can hit some salvage yards to compare. Was hoping someone had been thru this before and could give me a head start. Has the four holes for the Ford style release tool and I believe when I had it out a few years back it has the guide rib like the 06 Ranger factory radio's used.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:27 PM   #4

Got the radio out and its a Magnadyne M9900CDS. Obvious it is a Magnadyne harness. And some research shows it to be a 1.5 DIN size so it looks that will complicate replacement a bit.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:40 PM   #5

Here's one that will fit:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_068NEW...radio&skipvs=T

Alternatively...with the right Metra type kit...any single din unit will also fit and look good. Any car stereo place will have access to the 1.5 bezel kit.
Or Ebay...
https://www.ebay.com/p/Car-Radio-Mou...KIT/2238257155
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:05 PM   #6

^^^^^^ Crutchfield will have everything you need including any wiring harness and have good support. Have used many of their replacement stereos with no issues.

2008 Georgetown 373DS
jmck1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 07:48 PM   #7

You know, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and others sell stereo systems you can use to replace the old radio. Best Buy has a generic mounting kit. I took a photo with my cell phone and took it in. Found a Kenwood that has an app for a remote control and they had a special with free install.. Less than 100.00. Just saying.
Tax_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:25 PM   #8

The radio in my 2004 Georgetown MH was stolen just before I bought it and the dash was damaged when the person removed the radio. I had to reconstruct the dash and build a new plate where the radio, back up monitor, jack levelers, Generator start - stop, and the dash vent for the heater and air conditioner was. Wasn't really that hard but then had to figure out the wiring.
I bought a new radio from Walmart that was on sale. It came with everything needed to install and even a new wiring harness. New radio had a USB port, blue tooth with hands free phone, and a number of other gadgets that we may never use and it was on sale for between $100. and $115. I believe it had a new faceplate incase the hole in the dash was larger then needed. If you need to increase the size of the hole where the radio goes it is easy to do with either a very sharp knife or a Drimo Tool.
I had to remove my dash to repair it but it gave me room to get to the wires and sort them out. If yours is all together you should be able to get to it without having to take your dash apart so should be an easy replacement.
Just remember to not short out any of the wires as you could kill the new radio if hooked up wrong. I also labeled each wire with white tape with were it goes written on it. Front , back speaker, power, ground, and such.
Good luck on which ever way you go.
Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:01 PM   #9

Thank you everyone. After a lot of consideration of the suggestions I decided to order a Magnadyne 9920 with their 1.5 to 1 din adapter. Was not enough space to open it up for a 2 Din, its made as the replacement for what was there, and for the amount of time we use the dash radio, (only when driving) it will serve the purpose.

Tags
georgetown, radio, replacement