Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #1

2008 373DS Slide Issue

We just purchased an 08 373DS about a month again. Trading from a 19 Roo, this was a huge adustment for us. Our TT did not have any slides. We have on the passenger side a 17' slide. When the slide is all the way out the top of the slide is not flush against the coach wall. There is about a 1 1/2" gap. The bottom portion of the slide is flush against the wall. I took it back to the selling dealer and they told me this is the way the slide is made and it is seated corrected.

Is this normal or is the dealer giving a bunch of crap? The 12' slide in the living room is flush all the way around. Any idea on what the cause could be if this is not normal? Funny thing about this is the bedroom door where the latch is mounted matches up correctly as the slide is now. If the top were to move the 1 1/2" closer to the wall, the door would swing freely and miss the latch.

Thanks, Timmy
TJRoo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #2

I recently purchsed a used 2008 373DS and mine is the same as yours, so it appears that they're made that way.

Regards, Ray Fenner
rgfenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #3

I too have a 2008 373DS and mine is like that too.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #4

Yup X3. Question for all of you. On mine when the passenger slide is all the way in, on the outside the top of the slide will be tight against the wall and will taper out so that on the bottom the gasket is justl ightly compressed. Are yours like that too?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #5

The slides should fit flush in and out . They should be adjusted to do so. When it is out there is a white gasket around the inside of the slide that seals it from the outside . If the slide dosen't fit flush when it is all the way in it will leak when you are moving.
louis cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #6

When our slide is in the top and bottom fit flush all the way around. My worry is that is the slide can be adjusted to seat correctly while out, our bed room door is not long lock. We have about a 2 - 1/2 inch gap at the top when the slide is out. I will make an appt at Chesaco once the season is over. Hopefully they will give better service being a Forest River dealer. Beckley's where we bought the coach has been less than helpful.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoo19 View Post
When our slide is in the top and bottom fit flush all the way around. My worry is that is the slide can be adjusted to seat correctly while out, our bed room door is not long lock. We have about a 2 - 1/2 inch gap at the top when the slide is out. I will make an appt at Chesaco once the season is over. Hopefully they will give better service being a Forest River dealer. Beckley's where we bought the coach has been less than helpful.
Chesaco RV is a very good shop. They repaired and repainted my compartment doors a few summers ago. They'll make it right for you. We had a leak that allowed water in next to our bed slide-out. I took it to the original dealer twice for the same issue. It still leaked, took it to Chesaco. They found the weep holes in the bottom of the slide-out were blocked with caulk and the holes appeared small. They opened up the holes and we've been dry ever since they fixed it.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #8

Thanks for the reply back. We will just live with it until the season is over. Already canceled on trip due to the MONTH that Beckley's has had it.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #9

Looks like maybe I need to get mine adjusted. When brought to the dealers attention (a Georgetown Dealer) and I got the standard " Thats the way it is supposed to be". Never was comfortable with the reply and having them doing any more work on the unit after the first couple of minor repairs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Georgetown slide 001.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	7196   Click image for larger version

Name:	Georgetown slide 003.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	7197  
Old 08-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #10

That can be adjusted , it should be flush. When you pull the slide in the seal turns in the way the room is going ,now the seal doesn't work . The seal will turn out when you run the room out I hope,all sides? This keeps the outside out, there is a white seal on the inside of the room on three sides (frount,back and top ) this should be against the wall when the room is out all the way.
louis cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #11
Anacortesians

I might disagree, I think. When stowed, the slides on our rig are flush with the rest of the body. When deployed, there's a definite shift in slope to put the outside wall at a slight angle to the main body. The top of the slide goes out about a half inch further than the bottom.

When we were shopping, most of the rigs we looked at were the same. The explanation I got, from the previous owner of the rig we have, is that this slight tip angle was a means of making sure any rainwater on the extended slide ran off rather than into the rig.

When I put a level on the bed, it seems to be close to level when the slide is out. I'll double check on the dinette slide when I've finished my rework on the slide-out cabinets.